PDA

View Full Version : 1968 Firebird, 500hpLS1/T56 and 28ft car trailer $9,000

Shawn MacAnanny
03-17-2012, 09:21 AM
I also forgot to mention i have all new door seals, window felts, carpet, and a set of porsch 944 turbo seats for the interior that would go with it. No frame rust at all, just quarter pannel and tail pannel rust. Front end is perfect metal wise. Just primered black to prevent rust, not sanded down for paint or anything.

I also have misplaced the door and trunk keys since i stored it.Up for sale is my 1968 Firebird with a 2000 Camaro LS1, D&D 30 spline T56 and included is my 2006 Continental Cargo 28tx8ft Car trailer
Drove this car around for a year, maybe 1500 miles on the carbureted LS1 setup, then started swapping it to EFI. i have all of the parts most of them installed. Car is still tagged an insured. Clear title in my name. Car has been in storage in enclosed car trailer for 2 years as i got married and wife had a baby.

I would consider selling car separate for $6,000 trailer for $4,000 only if car got sold.

The car is a 1968 Pontiac Firebird orgionally an OHC sprint car.

Engine
2000 Camaro LS1 with 241 heads (unported) (60k miles when i installed it)
Comp Cams 236/236 .651/.652 110+4 LSa cam
Patriot Gold dual valve springs
chromolly 7.350 pushrods
stock rockers
Victor JR EFI intake
Edelbrock 4150 style throttle body with GM TPS and IAC
Ford Green Top 42# injectors
Victor JR fuel rails
Moroso 7qt oil pan with remote mount filter (K&N not fram like in picture)
LPE high volume high pressure oil pump (60-80psi warm idle)
oil catch can (cant remember the brand)
LT1 radiator and electric fans
LS1 truck coils
MSD wires
Hooker ceramic first gen swap headers
3" x pipe with side exits, no mufflers
ATS engine mounts to SBC frame stands
Painless wiring harness with 2000 or 2001 camaro ECU i cant remember
Fast Dual Wideband O2 sensor setup

Drivetrain

D&D 30 splined T56 maybe 2,000 miles on it
Ram clutch and flywheel
ATS clutch slave bracket i rewelded pushrod
modified stock crossmember
Dennys N20 driveshaft 1350 yokes
8.5" 10 bolt rear with 4.56 richmond gears
lakewood traction bars
Centerline telstar wheels
skinnies up front
Mickey thompson ET Street radials 315x something x 15(30" by about 14")
chasis has a slight mini tub (very poorly done by me, lots of bond)
Has inboard shock mount
has bolt in subframe connectors

As the car sits right now, this is all that is left to install

MAP sensor (i have it but cant find it)
IAT in air cleaner (have it but cant find it)
install the walboro 255lph pump and vette filter/regulator (have both and all fittings)
There is still a holley 97GPH pump and braided stainless line running up front
You will also need to drop the tank install 2 line sending unit (i have)
run 3/8" aluminum line (have line and fittings to everything but the 9/16" npt fuel rail fittings)
run the OBD2 port into the passenger compartment
get a good tune
install the ls1 O2 sensors (have them but cant find them)
There are bungs welded into the exhaust for the wideband setup, weld others in or just swap them out (i do have 4 more weld in bungs)

About the chasis

The car is completely stripped inside with the exception of two seats
i do have a crappy plastic gauge cluster with Autometer gauges (oil pressure, coolant temp, volts and fuel i think) its all hooked up
Everything runs off of toggle switch (accessory, fuel pump, then momentary starter)
I have completely redone the rear window, its all rust removed and resealed
driveside and passenger side have sheet metal floor patches
the mini tub job was pretty much atrocious when i did it, jsut random pieces of sheet metal rivited together and bondor smeared over half of them inside i never finished the inside, outside in the wheel well looks fine
the quarter pannels were patched and shood be replaced
i have harwood fiberglass wider wheel wells to allow the tires to side down and tuck in the wheel well they just arent installed
the hood has been cut for the shotgun street scoop
the rear end was nice painted but sitting in storage i see the rear wheel cylinder leaked on the drum backing plates and messed the paint up they were new
the car does have a saginaw quick ratio manual steering box
i also do have a brand new chrome master cylinder and vacuum booster for it

The brand new intake does show some slight oxidation. i let a friend borrow my car trailer to move for a couple weeks. i covered and tarped the car outside but apparently thats bad and the added humidity left them to get oxidized. It was never rained on or driven in the rain

I also forgot to mention i have all new door seals, window felts, carpet, and a set of porsch 944 turbo seats for the interior that would go with it. No frame rust at all, just quarter pannel and tail pannel rust. Front end is perfect metal wise. Just primered black to prevent rust, not sanded down for paint or anything.

I also have misplaced the door and trunk keys since i stored it.

the trailer

is a 2006 Continental Cargo trailer, not currently inspected but i have moved it a couple times the past year brakes work great, trailer only has about 2,000 miles on it, i boguht it new and paid over $8,000 or it. The side door does have a slice in it, and the driver side has a nice row of branch marks down it from a nicely trimmed tree some idiot grazed (me)

gvw 9,995, empty weigh is about 5,000lb door is rated for 4500# i believe

Here are a few older pictures of the car before i put it in storage and the trailer, i will try to get more recent pictures. I did drive this setup carbed for over a year so everything works fine i just ran out of time for the EFI swap.

Its a great deal for all of it, you could easily part the car out for that and have a trailer left over. I just dont have the time to work on it or enjoy it anymore being a new dad and husband and all.

It couldnt be easier, drive in with a truck and tow them both home! I am located in Felton, Delaware, just south of Dover Delware

feel free to contact me here, by email [email protected] or by text/phone though i have intermittant service where i live so text is best 302-270-5320

I am sure there are a few things i am missing but feel free to come inspect it in person i am home every weekend and mondays and most weekdays after 5

Also search my name on the forum and LS1tech there are numerous threads about the car and everything ive done to it also my Ebay User name is ShawnMacAnanny as well if youd like to check feedback there. Car will be going on there next or i will be finding a day to make it run and relist the car.

PRICE IS FIRM

Shawn MacAnanny
03-18-2012, 09:28 AM
I couldnt take it out of the trailer as i didnt have anyone to help me get it back in but i took an hd video and tried to get videos and pictures of everything. if you need any more specific pictures let me know i can run out and get them.

Video

http://youtu.be/RD1OIqC0IZQ

Here is a photo Album from my old MySpace account that had a few pictures before, during, and after the LS1 swap

http://www.myspace.com/shawnmacananny/photos/albums/album/1049090#mssrc=SitesPhotos_SP_AlbumCover_ViewAlbum

ryeguy2006a
03-21-2012, 12:39 PM
That is a really good deal! I would honestly consider that, but I don't have anywhere near the kind of money that you would want. I would love to put that engine/tranny setup in my car. You aren't that far away either...

Shawn MacAnanny
03-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Sold, thanks to this forum