PDA

View Full Version : Not PT, but many of us also like this stuff, so... 78 Bronco - $10k obo - Atlanta

ehummelman
03-15-2012, 06:49 AM
I've been working on a total teardown and rebuild of this truck for several years now off and on. Truck is done now, at least as far as I'm going to go with it. There are clearly things to still do, but all the major stuff is done. The truck is a good around town beater, and a decent performer on the trails. It would be great for camping trips and the like. I wouldn't do hard core rocks with it because of the stock axles, but that wasn't my purpose and those could always be upgraded if you wanted.

Anyway, here's what's been done so far. All parts are brand new unless stated as used. I have $8-9k in parts alone.

Suspension/steering:
Deaver 4" rear leafs - no blocks
replaced the rear shackles and hangers with some from an F450 (these will NOT bend or twist like the stockers did)
Doetsch Tech shocks front and rear
Front Deaver 4" springs
Drop track bar bracket
Drop pitman arm
DOM and Chevy TRE linkage with reamed knuckles
DOM & heims track bar
Upgraded track bar stud from Ingalls Engineering
Redhead steering box
Saginaw 811411 pump w/ Canton remote reservoir - all AN6 lines
Borgeson double ujoint steering shaft
radius arm drop brackets
replaced radius arm bushings at both ends

Brakes:
Tbird calipers in front
Blackbird Customs rear disc conversion w/ Chevy K10 calipers
High Angle Driveline T-case brake kit (not installed yet) - used kit bought from PBB member
All new stainless hard and soft lines
F350 booster and MC conversion
Wilwood adjustable prop valve

Axles:
Milemarker lockouts in front - these were no truck but I took apart, cleaned and regreased
replaced balljoints, wheel bearings, seals
rear 9" axle flanges were machined down to fit inside disc conversion

Engine:
completely rebuilt 460 std bore D1 block, D3 heads - shortblock done by Ted Fischer at Engine Systems
Summit Racing K3501 cam and lifters
Edelbrock Performer intake
completely rebuilt Holley 3310-1 carb with 2 metering blocks - no plate like most 3310s. Also has a new Proform billet baseplate.
Holley mechanical fuel pump with braided stainless lines to dual feed with pressure gauge - all AN6 fittings
new stainless 3/8 hard lines back to new 25 gal poly tank
new Autometer sender and pickup matched to new gauges (ohms are correct)
rebuilt & custom recurved Duraspark distributor from Re in"Car"nation High Performance
new MSD cap/rotor, blaster 2 coil, and 6A digital box
9mm Ford racing plug wires
Autolite plugs
Stan's Tri-Y headers with Chrome finish
WCB extreme duty motor mounts
high torque PMGR starter from dbelectrical
160 amp 3G alternator from FordFuelInjection
2ga battery cables and grounds to chassis, engine, and body
custom made aluminum radiator w/ shroud & 2 electric fans from RnDFabrication
DCC variable speed controller for the fans
aluminum pulleys and accessory brackets from L&L
high flow waterpump from FlowKooler
Robert Shaw 190 degree tstat
double row billet timing set

Other:
complete rewire with Painless 10102 kit
all connections soldered or weatherpack connectors used
custom gauge cluster using stock cluster shell and Autometer electric gauges
ignition, headlight, wiper, and door jamb switches replaced
new dome light
new (used) aluminum grill shell
new headlights, signals, markers, and taillights replaced including sockets and bulbs
Lokar gas pedal
Lokar cable throttle linkage and kickdown linkage
Autometer electronic speedo sender in transfer case
new radial TSLs all around 37x12.5x15 on 15x10 rims
custom rear bumper
tilt steering column (used - tilt mechanism a little loose, could be rebuilt)
Grant steering wheel with new horn button & new dual F150 horns up front

Things still untouched since they were running fine and frankly, I'm tired of working on this thing (I have a new toy that steals my attention):
C6
NP205
front D44 and rear 9" diffs and shafts
frame is perfect - only surface rust
sheetmetal - cut fenders and some rust repair needed (bottoms of doors, tailgate, some in floors) the floors are not rotted through or unsafe
missing tailgate window - the PO shattered it
cracked windshield
driver's front seat is badly torn (recommend new front seats)

I am sure there are other things I'm missing, so feel free to ask any questions. I intend to be very honest in disclosing everything about this truck. It is not shiny and beautiful, but it is built to be strong, safe, and reliable. And, let's not forget fun.

Pic of it when I got it.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/03/21nr0qb-1.jpg

here's the pics I've uploaded so far from the build - I can take more if you want certain angles or parts.
Note -
the hood is back on
the light bar is gone
I have the front bumper & grill guard with winch mount ready to go back on (Warn 8274 is also available if you want it)
Gauges and dash are put back together
I will be putting a new exhaust on very soon, just haven't gotten around to it. The open headers really piss off my neighbor who doesn't like me much anyway.
I just got the headliner trim in mail and will be making a custom headliner board/cover for it. The old cardboard ones were just garbage.

All remaining items will be finished prior to sale, or feel free to negotiate price drop if you don't care about them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ehummel...7627140701598/ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ehummelman/sets/72157627140701598/)

ehummelman
03-21-2012, 06:12 AM
Bump. My wife wants a new car, so I really want this gone before summer. I am definitely willing to entertain reasonable offers (i.e. don't tell me $2k). :)

ehummelman
04-02-2012, 09:01 AM
price drop to $9k obo. And I'm being generous with the obo, so make me an offer.

ehummelman
04-11-2012, 09:47 AM
down to $8k OBO. Satisfy the inner redneck in you. You know you want to drive right over the hood of every Prius you see. Can't be just me. ;)

ehummelman
04-20-2012, 08:38 AM
OK, I'm going to try something different here. Anyone that gets this sold for me gets 10% of the sale price, as long as it's over $7k. Maybe that will move this thing out of my driveway.

ehummelman
05-04-2012, 06:43 AM
$7k obo