PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Lincoln Town Car Fan

Pro-Tour Heavy Chevy
07-13-2005, 08:10 PM
Another fan Possibility?
I was Going through some books at my work trying to see if I can get a
Mark VIII fan through one of our suppliers.
I couldn't come up with the Mark VIII fan, but came across a 1998-2004
Lincoln Town car Fan assembly. I Can get this for about 100 bucks.
The shroud looks a little wider than the Mark VIII which is fine for my
28" wide core on my Chevelle.
Does Anyone know anything about this fan. It May actually fit my application better than the MarkVIII

Pro-Tour Heavy Chevy
07-14-2005, 09:20 PM
After further research I Have found that this is yet the same fan as the Mark VIII
Ford# F8VZ8C607AA and rock Auto Sells it for $93.89 under there Various Brands listing.

64Comet
07-22-2005, 04:21 AM
That sucks...just bought one for $160. Oh well. Good find though!

Midwest Performance
07-22-2005, 01:31 PM
Is the fan pictured the one you are talking about? It is not a Mark VIII. The blades are too small. I would be suprised if that one blows as much as a mark VIII. I could be wrong but it just does not look right to me. I did a search for the fan mentioned and the # differs. It may work well for your application but I don't know if it would have the 4000CFM of the RF-64. Buy one let us know if it's as good. You can save us all some cash. I'll checK Monday and see what I can buy a RF-68(F8VZ8C607AA)for. Attached pictures of Mark VIII fan.
Kevin

Pro-Tour Heavy Chevy
07-29-2005, 10:07 PM
Thats why I had suspicions about this fan in the first place. I'm running about 360hp out of my small block, but the car will travel to some hot climates like Las Vegas and Reno.
So I may not require the 4000 cfm,but you can't have too much fan can you?

zero g
07-30-2005, 02:52 PM
Any thoughts about the fan on the Crown Vic police package? Those cars sit and idle for hours w/o overheating.

zero g
07-30-2005, 03:01 PM
The fan looks to be the same as the Mark VIII but the shroud might be a little different?

gmachinz
08-03-2005, 11:57 AM
I believe the police package 'Vics use the same fan as well. -Jabin

hossdoc
06-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Did anyone ever conclude for "sure" that the fan from a 96 Crown Vic is the same as that in the Mark VIII? The salvage yard and the ford dealership say that it is, however, I agree that the shape of the blades are not identicle to the pics I've seem of the Mark VIII. What comments are there to the effectiveness of this fan? The price was so right that I had to buy the fan on the chance that the yard was correct. Does anyone know the cfm of this fan? It appears to only run at one speed so are there any recommendations on the correct controller for this fan. I have attempted to contact DC for over week with no response.

aany001
06-20-2009, 08:27 PM
not to high jack this thread but just a heads up about a set up I used on my 81 camaro....I used the fan assembly from a 2000 chevy malibu with A/C and a V6.It has a twin fan setup with a built in shroud.It worked flawlessly for years and my car had 425hp small block to the wheels and I drove it as often as I could.I never had any cooling issues. Check it out from your local scrap yard...their cheap and plentifull.

SoCal Cruzer
05-20-2010, 09:16 AM
It appears that the fan in the pic is the Crown Vic Fan.FWIW