PDA

View Full Version : Got a Question???

Rick D
03-09-2012, 06:16 PM
So I am working on my 69 Camaro again (well got all the winter stuff removed from around it). So I'm starting to put together my game plan and was thinking of what I need to buy to get it to a roller. Well let me back up a bit, I am going to get the body all finished up and primed and then make it a roller and then put it up for sale. I do not have the rear leafs or any other rear suspension so I need to buy some parts.

What should I put in it for rear setup and why?? My first thought was to buy a set of drop leafs and call it a day but it is mini tubbed (DSE) so then I thought I would put the DSE Q-link in it or maybe?? I have to buy some sort of suspension so would it make more sense to put the Q-link in and then who ever buys it is that much closer to finishing the car. I also kicked around the idea of painting it and then putting it up for sale then it's up to the new owner to finish up the stuff most guys can do at home, then new owner does not have to wait for it to be paroled from paint jail?

Just looking for some ideas. Let me know what way you would go?? Thanks

The parts list as of now is as follows,

New qtrs
New rear body panel
New inner DSE and outter wheels houses
New doors
All floors and front sheet metal is org and nice (GM cowl hood NOT repop)
New DSE sub frame connecters
New DSE front coil over brackets on stock sub frame
Sub frame all seams welded and smoothed top and bottom
New tube upper and lower control arms
Fire wall smoothed
12 bolt rear end (Thanks Mario)

JMitch19
03-09-2012, 06:36 PM
I did DSE 3" drop leafs then after 2 years on the road I took it all back apart and did a Quadra Link. I haven't driven the car yet with the Quadra Link, but I can tell you if you think you might not be 100% happy with the leafs just Quadra Link it the first time around. It's a lot cheaper to do it once. I've had to learn that the hard way a few times on this project.

MrQuick
03-09-2012, 06:36 PM
If you are going to sell it do the leafs. Try not to soak too much money into it However...might sell for more with the quad link...if it was my build i'd do the links.