PDA

View Full Version : Pro touring with cal trac bar ?

yoboy sawyer
03-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Ok here is my question I have a gen3 nova I'm try to set up a weekend racer ? It currently has cal trac bars I just wanted to see how many people are running a set up like this .

Flash68
03-08-2012, 12:14 AM
Nope.. took mine off the day I bought my car with them on.... ditch em.

surnufz
03-08-2012, 04:42 AM
Cal-tracs work great!................for drag racing

LS1NOVA
03-08-2012, 05:37 AM
Im in the same situation. I have Calvert split monos, the ride height is great, the handling is sufficient for me, but it wheel hops trying to put 650rwhp down. For a quick solution I put slapper bars on it the last time I went to the dragstrip but have since picked up a set of Caltracs. Im going to try them out this year. Not a lot of guys into drag racing at all on here either but my car see's drag, autox, and pleasure driving.

BlackPearl
03-08-2012, 08:28 AM
I'm no expert but I have Caltrac's bars on my car and they seem to work ok. I think if anything, they help hold the rear-end in place and should be better than having nothing, if you're still running leaf springs. Obviously, there are much better set-ups for the ultimate track car but I would use them for now, until you up-grade further.

Bob

ace_xp2
03-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Cobra Automotive, a big mustang group, recommends them when you can't swing for their high zoot set up. According to them they can be made to work quite well on a road course. At the very worst, you could just back them off when you're at the track and tighten them up when you hit the strip.

SLO_Z28
03-08-2012, 03:34 PM
There should be a dead zone in them where they don't work until the leaf spring twists, if the spring never twists then they never do anything but add weight and a place to scrape when driving around town.

LT1Nova
03-08-2012, 04:25 PM
I just put some on my Nova as it will likely never see a road course but will see a drag strip. I figure I can loosen them if I ever hit the twisties hard.