PDA

View Full Version : Goodguys 2012 AutoCross Rules

Goodguy Ed
02-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Wanted to get the 2012 rules on the Goodguys web site and on the forum as the other ones were not from the new web site and were not all finalist. Please see below or go to the NEW Website. www.good-guys.com (http://www.good-guys.com/)

Goodguys AutoCross Rules 2012
1. The classes for 2012 will be as follows: Pro-Class, Street Machine, Street Rod, Truck and Super Sunday Late Models.
2. All classes will have the following rules:
3. DOT tires and tread wear will be limited to 200 minimum. Any tread wear below that will be exhibition only and times will not be recorded or promoted.
4. Must have all lug nuts on each wheel and must remove hub caps during runs.
5. Batteries must be secure by mechanical fastener.
6. Overflow on the radiator is mandatory.
7. Brake pedal must have good resistance and not go to the floor.
8. Steering column must be tight and secure.
9. Seat belts must be a minimum of a lap belt and secured to the body, bar, seat anchor bolt or frame. Any passenger riding must also have a seatbelt.
10. Gas cap or over flow must not leak on the track.
11. All entries will have all body panels of such vehicle. (Fenders, doors, hood, deck lid and bed sides on trucks)
12. Must have front and rear glass or plastic and side windows must be rolled down during run times.
13. Throttle must have a return spring.
14. After any situation the vehicle may have to be re-inspected at the discretion of track official.
15. All entries must be registered with Goodguys at the event and must be street licensed, insured and no race cars.
16. The registered name on the vehicle window sticker will be the only driver that times can be counted or displayed. If you have two drivers you must have two window stickers with the different driver names. If someone else drives the car that is not listed times will not count.
17. All entries must run a Goodguys AutoCross decal to run on the track, you will get this after the vehicle is teched.
18. You must be present at the end of your class competition if you are the winner of the class for pictures and the awards. If you are not you will not receive the prizes and the runner up will become the new winner. Must go through awards on Sunday.
19. All passengers must be 18 years or older unless riding with parents and then they must be 16 or older.
20. Driver must have a state issued license and proof of insurance.
21. All loose items must be removed from the vehicle.
22. Helmets are not required; the course will be designed to keep speeds below 35MPH.
23. All decisions made by race official will be enforced and are final.
24. No unsafe driving will be tolerated.
25. Cone penalty is 1 second off your time.
Tech will open about one hour before racing starts. Please stay with your car until it has made it through tech and you have your decal. Pit space is limited and will be first come first served. If stalls become open during the day we will fill with cars from the waiting area. You will have until 9am on two days of competition to go back to your same pit stall if you do not your space will be given away.

PRO-Class:
• Sponsors of the AutoCross are automatically put into the PRO-Class. The Street Machine, Street Rod and Truck class winners after each event will be in the PRO-Class for the remainder of that season.
• Sponsor cars must be house cars only, or owned by a full time employee of the sponsor.
• Drivers of the PRO-Class must be full time employees of the sponsoring company.
• The driver that was in the vehicle that won its class to move up will be the only driver that can run the car in the PRO-Class.
• PRO-Class will run at the top of every hour at the discretion of the track officials.
• PRO-Class will be running for an award and the chance to be in a feature in the Goodguys Gazette at seasons end.
• There will be an official PRO-Class decal for your window once you qualify for that class.
• PRO-Class vehicles must be 1972 or older in appearance, representing a production car.
• The PRO-Class will be running with a point system for the season winner. Each event that you run you will get 1 point for running the event and first to tenth will get points ten for first and one for tenth. The classes will be divided at seasons end and the points leader will win the PRO-Class for each section. (Street Machine, Street Rod, Truck and Sponsor) The season winners will get a feature in the Goodguys Gazette.
Street Machine Class:
• All vehicles must be 1955 to 1972 in appearance, representing a production car.
• Goodguys Get-Togethers at Pleasanton will be 1955 and newer.
Street Rod Class:
• All vehicles must be 1955 or older cars in appearance, no trucks, deliveries or panels allowed in this class.
• High-Boys and Roadsters are not required to run fenders or hood sides.
Truck Class:
• Must be 1972 or older at the National events and all year trucks at the Pleasanton Get-Togethers.
• Any vehicle with a Bed, Panel trucks, Deliveries, El Caminos and Rancheros will be in this class.
• 1940 and older trucks are not required to run fenders or hood sides.
Super Sunday Late Models:
• All 1973 and newer cars and trucks will be in this class and can only run on Sundays at the Nationals events.
• Tread wear should be production equipped rate or 200 minimum.

Thanks Goodguy Ed

dontlifttoshift
02-29-2012, 06:30 AM
• The PRO-Class will be running with a point system for the season winner. Each event that you run you will get 1 point for running the event and first to tenth will get points ten for first and one for tenth. The classes will be divided at seasons end and the points leader will win the PRO-Class for each section. (Street Machine, Street Rod, Truck and Sponsor)

Inception, it's a class within a class......

Thank you. That's a nice revision to the pro class from what was posted previously.

Donny

GrabberGT
02-29-2012, 06:55 AM
Inception, it's a class within a class......

Thank you. That's a nice revision to the pro class from what was posted previously.

Donny

Can I take credit for that? I believe I eluded to such classifications on the other thread.

I think this is also going to make it exciting for those of us who only get to participate thru the forums. We now have a Pro-League points system to follow with a crowned champ at the end. Weekly updates will be a must.

"• PRO-Class vehicles must be 1972 or older in appearance, representing a production car. "
"Street Machine Class:
• All vehicles must be 1955 to 1972 in appearance, representing a production car."

Maybe I read thru it to fast but does this mean that Mary and Brian can now participate with their pre-73 appearing 73 Camaros?

73CPCAMARO
02-29-2012, 07:56 AM
Can I take credit for that? I believe I eluded to such classifications on the other thread.

I think this is also going to make it exciting for those of us who only get to participate thru the forums. We now have a Pro-League points system to follow with a crowned champ at the end. Weekly updates will be a must.

"• PRO-Class vehicles must be 1972 or older in appearance, representing a production car. "
"Street Machine Class:
• All vehicles must be 1955 to 1972 in appearance, representing a production car."

Maybe I read thru it to fast but does this mean that Mary and Brian can now participate with their pre-73 appearing 73 Camaros?

Yes it does. Ed gave me the word last night. Thank you Ed and the folks with Goodguys! This is looking to be a very fun year.

Brian

dontlifttoshift
02-29-2012, 08:25 AM
Yep, I missed that part. Very good news......Ed, thanks for listening to us gripe.

66SuperSport
02-29-2012, 09:03 AM
Yes it does. Ed gave me the word last night. Thank you Ed and the folks with Goodguys! This is looking to be a very fun year.

Brian

Congrats to you and Mary. I don't see any downside for GoodGuys with these new rules. Glad to see they listened to some of the comments made by yourselves and the members on the forums.

RobNoLimit
02-29-2012, 01:03 PM
Thanks Ed, looks like a few tweeks may help to make this better for everybody. I guess keeping a point score for last year wasn't a total waste of my time. Glad to hear it. Now it's time to re-think my travel plans for this year.

mpozzi
02-29-2012, 02:45 PM
I see one rule that may require a word change. Rule #25 reads "Cone penalty is one second off your time." If this is the case, I'm hitting everything orange and no, this doesn't include Brian's Camaro.

It should read "Cone penalty is one second added to your time."

Other than that, great set of rules and thanks again to the Good Guys organization for making allowances for our '73 model year cars that appearance wise, look identical to those one year older. This inclusion rule will also help those with 1973 Mustangs, Challengers, and 'Cuda's too.

Now let's go have us some fun ...

Mary Pozzi

dontlifttoshift
02-29-2012, 03:59 PM
I prefer one second off my time please....

If we spin can we have two seconds off our time?

Bad94
02-29-2012, 05:10 PM
PRO-Class will run at the top of every hour at the discretion of the track officials.

Still not a fan of that.

Goodguy Ed
02-29-2012, 05:37 PM
I have made the change to the Cone penalty so it adds one second to your time.
Missed that sorry...

Goodguys Ed,, not perfect by any means.....:)

mpozzi
02-29-2012, 05:39 PM
For the first event, Pro's are Vendors and Sponsors of the Good Guys Autocross. They pay large for this and should get a chance to show off their wares. Normally, the breaks in action don't happen every hour but when they do, the Vendors and those that have achieved Pro status get back out there first and then they'll resume with whoever they left off with.

After the first Autocross, there will be three car/driver combinations (one each from SM, SR, and Truck) added to Pro. Not all will go to more than one event so each Autocross will most likely have the same number of Pro's, give or take a little. Not all the Vendors attend every Good Guys either. Seems fair to me ...

Mary Pozzi

bret
03-01-2012, 09:01 AM
:):):):):)

...and a good time will be had by all!

peices of eight...
03-01-2012, 08:14 PM
lets give it go and see how it all works out ! i'm excited ! I figure everyone goes pro and I'll be slow and all by my self !! lol !!! ( i've got 2 sisters, I hate sharing) LOl !!

Danny72
05-08-2012, 09:50 PM
The rule about age, when it says when riding with a parent then they can be 16, does that mean the passenger can be the parent and the driver can be 16? Cause I'm only sixteen with my license and want to do autocross soo bad.

SicMonte
05-22-2012, 06:54 AM
about how long does the autoX action last on Sunday? Sunday would be the day that I race but also the day that I travel home so time is important. Thanks for the info!!

dontlifttoshift
05-22-2012, 09:32 AM
Usually from 9 am to 1 pm. there are usually not many cars on Sunday so you should be able to get 4 or 5 runs in that amount of time....maybe more depending on how many cars are there.

Cobra 498
05-23-2012, 04:00 AM
Helmets not required? 35 mph into a concrete barrier might require a helmet.

dontlifttoshift
05-23-2012, 05:42 AM
Helmets are not required....they encourage you to not drive into a concrete barrier. It can happen, though.