PDA

View Full Version : Help with driveshaft for 67 camaro

HTRDMX55
02-06-2012, 10:19 PM
I have a 67 camaro with a muncie 4 speed and a ford 9 inch rear end. I'm trying to figure out if I need a longer driveshaft. The stocker fits but seems like i have to pull it back too far out of the tranny to get it to mate with the rear end. Sutton engineering built up my rear and he said the u joints are 1310. Any help or hints on what anyone else has done would be appreciated.

AintQik
02-07-2012, 03:32 AM
How far is it in the tranny when mated to the rear? When I swapped mine out, the shaft was only going in about an inch and that was not enough. I had a driveshaft made from 3" aluminum for around $300.

BuddyP
02-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Check out Denny's Driveshafts, they have a sizing sheet online that you can download. They may be able to help you with the difference between what you have and what you need. Maybe you can just lengthen yours. Also Dynotech out of the Detroit area does good shaft service. If you upgrade it may be a good time to bump up to a 1330 yoke as well.

TT302Z28
02-08-2012, 06:50 AM
Depending on how much you are too short you can buy a new yoke with a longer snout. My drive shaft was about 1 1/2" too short for my liking and I just had my local drive shaft guy order me a longer yoke.