PDA

View Full Version : South Jersey Exhaust Shop?

AintQik
02-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Looking. Need somone with a reasonable grasp on custom builds. 4 link, narrowed tank car should not be butchered up. Might be asking for a miracle lol. Any leads will be appreciated.

Also while we are at it, an alignment shop that is used to working with PT cars would be nice. I take this thing to Pep Boys and they won't have a clue what to do. I was thinking that place in Pheonixville PA if they are still around?

chickn
02-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Mufflex in Trenton NJ has a good reputation http://www.mufflex-performance.com/

John McIntire
02-06-2012, 04:43 PM
2nd vote for Mufflex. They did my Chevelle a few years ago, no complaints from me. Ask for Denny, he owns it.

BonzoHansen
02-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Mufflex +3

AintQik
02-07-2012, 08:21 AM
Bookmarked and waiting for an appointment. Thanks guys. Any suggestions for an alignment shop that will "work" with a car that may not cooperate fully?

Jerry ss 396
02-19-2012, 12:24 PM
X 4 MUFFLEX Did my 72 bbc camaro 3 inch all stainless , coming out in stock location, No rubbing , rattleing , nice work !

BonzoHansen
03-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Bookmarked and waiting for an appointment. Thanks guys. Any suggestions for an alignment shop that will "work" with a car that may not cooperate fully?

A very slight chance we could do your alignment at a shop I know. I did mine there on a slow day. when is your appt, and what suspension mods are done - still need shims in the UCAs? Is this just typical caster/camber/toe? no ride height adjustments or any of that right?

AintQik
03-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Scott, Car is set where I want it in terms of ride height. Now it needs to be aligned, so shims and all that. Hoping to get the "suggested" alignment for a PT car, but will take anything close.

Suspension:
Upper and lower control arms
Ride Tech Coil overs

Rear, shouldn't matter, but Ridetech 4 link with coil overs.

sr73bu
03-17-2012, 06:57 PM
Scott, Car is set where I want it in terms of ride height. Now it needs to be aligned, so shims and all that. Hoping to get the "suggested" alignment for a PT car, but will take anything close.

Suspension:
Upper and lower control arms
Ride Tech Coil overs

Rear, shouldn't matter, but Ridetech 4 link with coil overs.

Hey RJ- I had my car aligned at Superior Automotive on rt130, I cant speak for everyone that works there, but the guy who did my alignment nailed the specs I wanted (he even gave me a print out and brought me out into the shop to check his work). I think he kind of understood the whole PT musclecar thing.. I believe he owned a 60's Mustang... It seemed like most of the guys there somewhat gave a crap about hot rodding....unlike most shops that want you in and out....

PS- my car had the frame straightened after a 45mph head on collision about 12 years ago.. and they still got the specs I asked for on the alignment very very close...

-Sean