PDA

View Full Version : Clutch for 1968 Mustang / 289 4 spd

Dolmaner
01-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Ok so Im looking for a clutch, I know nothing about clutchs except you need to press them to shift gears, anyone know of a website or book I can get to learn about clutches and how to replace them? Also what kind of clutch should I get, its a 289 4 speed. I dont know what sizes or anything to get, Im going for sorta hi-po small block car and Im keeping the 4 speed, might add OD, so I need a decent clutch
Sorry for the dumb questions :worship:

67TXStang
01-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Your clutch should be a 10" disc. I went with a Centerforce Stage II clutch. It is for mildly modified engines. There is a dual friction which is for higher horsepower. Make sure you search around on prices. When I was searching, MustangsUnlimited beat everyone elses price.

The Centerforce clutch works great. The pedal pressure is less than stock. Works great.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/01/100_3526JPG-1.jpg

Dolmaner
01-28-2012, 09:26 PM
Your clutch should be a 10" disc. I went with a Centerforce Stage II clutch. It is for mildly modified engines. There is a dual friction which is for higher horsepower. Make sure you search around on prices. When I was searching, MustangsUnlimited beat everyone elses price.

The Centerforce clutch works great. The pedal pressure is less than stock. Works great.

Its in my budget, sounds great, but would you mind telling me what else you had to do besides replacing the clutch? Do I need new clutch links or anything?