PDA

View Full Version : RockAuto Parts = Used

SSTuner
01-26-2012, 01:26 AM
Since there are now after market upper control arm shafts for my 1996 Impala SS, I ordered a set of new shafts. I recieved a used one and a new one in their original box (missing all hardware also). Called RockAuto and they are taking care of it.

Here are some photos.

dhutton
01-26-2012, 04:44 AM
Had the same thing happen with some NAPA premium balljoints. Someone had purchased them and replaced the US made Spicer ones with cheap Chinese ones and then returned them to NAPA.

Don

ROBS6T8
01-26-2012, 08:51 AM
Some people? Unbelievable!

BonzoHansen
01-26-2012, 09:05 AM
Had the same thing happen with some NAPA premium balljoints. Someone had purchased them and replaced the US made Spicer ones with cheap Chinese ones and then returned them to NAPA.

Don

yup. i've bought oil filters (as in two different occasions) and found out when I got home someone put a cheapie in and put the good filter in a cheaper box. Now I check every part before I leave.

badazz81z28
01-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Happens at many places with a good returns policy, Not Rockautos fault (entirely), or anyone else. Some azzhole bought it, did what ever and returned it. I just bought an angle drill from Lowes last weekend to my suprise it was used! The guy even carefully removed the bands to make it look like he didnt even open it. Hang in there. Rockauto is solid.

ErikLS2
01-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Karma is a bee-atch!

SLO_Z28
01-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Actually that looks like it might be a new one in the picture. I worked in parts for a long time, and stuff like that comes new in the box all the time. New =/= good.

SSTuner
01-26-2012, 02:24 PM
Rockauto is doing it right for me, as soon as they see the return part scanned by FedEx, my replacement unit is on the way. No complaints for RockAuto. Now the "loser", that did this, that's another story.

TheJDMan
01-26-2012, 03:05 PM
There was a local news story here in the DC area about a guy who bought an ipad at a big box store and when he got home and opened the package it was just contained a sandwich bag full of clay. He took it back to the box store and they started to give him crap until they started getting similar compaints from other customers. At which point they realized someone had opened a bunch of packages and stolen the ipads. It is always a good idea to check the package before you leave the store.