PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a good video editing program?

Larry Callahan
07-09-2005, 03:33 PM
I find that Windows Movie Maker is too simple and Adobe Premiere is too difficult. Anyone know a reasonably priced program that will let you deal with multiple tracks like Adobe Premiere does?

derekf
07-09-2005, 04:13 PM
Don't know how Premiere does it (and not really sure what multiple tracks are), but for what I've been doing TMPGEnc MPEG Editor has been great.

sinned
07-09-2005, 06:22 PM
Movie Maker won't handle multiple tracks? I have played with it a little and was fairly impressed for a bundles peice of software. More specifics regarding your project....merge multiple clips together, sound editing, or ???

formula
07-10-2005, 08:28 PM
whats too difficult about premier?

im a premier whore....

bdoobie69
07-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Larry,
Go to Ulead.com and download some of their free trials. They have pretty powerful software for the price. It is all very straight forward too. I would keep hacking at premiere though. It is awesome once you got it down.

CAMAROBOY69
07-11-2005, 04:10 AM
I also use Ulead for everything I do. Love it for videos. Ulead can compress huge files so small that they can easily be posted or sent thru e-mail.

BA.
07-12-2005, 06:58 PM
Larry, Are you talking about merging in more than one sound-track to your video track?
Or, do you want to do merging of 2 vid's? I'll bet that's it. I don't think MM does that very well. You have to do an awful lot of chopping.

For my normal editing, I found MGI Videowave to be a good product. Version 5 is available "out there" for download. Not sure what the retail version is at now.

I found Adobe a bit steep in the learning curve too....didn't have enough time to sit and learn it.

camarorider
07-13-2005, 01:39 PM
Most of these programs are pretty good. If you have apple you can try and use final cut. Many love this program.
Some find some decent software free when they purchase some cheap hardware, like a firewire card.
You can also use an effects program if you can get your hands on a decent package like after effects. This will allow you to stitch together multi movies and add color corrections, black bars, and effects.
But it doesnt have the extra editing tools like true editors do.

69CamaroLS1
07-14-2005, 07:43 AM
Ulead is very good.
Also try Vegas.

gchandler
07-14-2005, 11:59 PM
Final Cut Pro, none better, you will need a macintosh however.

rb70383
07-22-2005, 09:45 AM
whats too difficult about premier?

im a premier whore....

:squint: I'll be asking you questions in the future. I tried messing with it before and failed I had to calm down after messing with it:Alchy:

rockdogz
07-22-2005, 11:11 AM
I just got Pinnacle Studio, and there were a few glitches but I've been able to put together one good video so far and burn it to DVD.

formula
08-01-2005, 01:45 PM
:squint: I'll be asking you questions in the future. I tried messing with it before and failed I had to calm down after messing with it:Alchy:
lol, well i did have the advantage of not having to set it up, but other than that ask away :)

Larry Callahan
08-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Phew, well I think I have Premier down well enough. I finish the PF video and I can't wait to make the next one.

Simplyrad
08-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Phew, well I think I have Premier down well enough. I finish the PF video and I can't wait to make the next one.

I was wondering what program you decided to go with. I am affliated with Pinnacle Programs so I am partial to them. I started oput using Studio Pro and then progressed.

I am now using Liquid Edition Pro. Still have to learn the ins and outs of the program but it is a wonderful editing program. Well worth the expenditure.

Good luck, I like watching videos.

Larry Callahan
08-01-2005, 08:07 PM
Do you know if Pinnacle Programs have any demos to try? Adobe has too many options. lol

madmax
08-01-2005, 08:07 PM
I've used Vegas Video in the past and it has worked great for me. It's companion, DVD something is pretty good for making DVDs also. My friends all think I hired someone to make our drumline DVD :).

It is pretty easy to use... which I like. I'm sure I've only scratched the surface. I've also taken .ogg files (totally legal :naughty: ) and stripped them, re-encoded them using the DVD program, and added multiple audio tracks.

I've used most of them out there, by using "trial" versions... heh.

If you need any more info or.. software, just give me a PM. That is, if you don't tell the MPAA or RIAA.

--Max

Simplyrad
08-01-2005, 10:12 PM
Do you know if Pinnacle Programs have any demos to try? Adobe has too many options. lol

Studio 9 Basic may have a free trial.

I believe you can find a free trial here (http://www.dpbolvw.net/7e102biroiq57BC9DB85769EF997) .

MoeBawlz
08-02-2005, 10:51 PM
i like pinnacle and vegas...

Castlesmith
08-19-2005, 11:31 AM
I work with Pinnacle Liquid Pro. I Love the editor and believe it rivals Final Cut Pro. It is not very intuitive for those not used to video linear editing environments. You can see full tutorials and product demonstrations at www.pinnaclesys.com. The studio version of the editor, I beleive it is version 9 now is the home-consumer based product and is quite easy to pick up.

Castlesmith