PDA

View Full Version : CPP pro touring kits???

Ls2GS
01-10-2012, 03:32 PM
I have been looking to improve my 69 GS suspension. Classic performance (CPP) has a pro touring complete kit with the qa1 coil overs. Does anyone have any experience with this kit? Quality, ride/ride height. Anybody have any pictures of their a body gm cars with there kit? I was planing on getting the 2 inch drop spindles, 1 inch lower front coil overs 2 inch drop rear upper and lower a arms and trailing arms. Thanks for any input in advance

Ls2GS
01-13-2012, 07:10 PM
Nobody uses CPP? Must be a poor product!

csouth
01-13-2012, 07:36 PM
call Mark at sc&c, he'll get you setup.

daveybtv
01-13-2012, 08:44 PM
call Mark at sc&c, he'll get you setup.

+1...

sick63nova
01-16-2012, 12:23 PM
i use cpp, have the arms an coilovers on my car, good product for the money may not be as good a speedtech or detroit speed but if your on a budget its good stuff, im very happy with it, then again there is not a lot of ppl out there making aftermarket parts for 63 novas that wont brake your bank!

UMI Tech
01-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Call Ramey at UMI. Hey, that's me.

We have a Pro-Tour '72 LeMans build going on right now. Our first round looked something like this: http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=72lemans

This time it's frame-off for round 2.

We also deal QA1 coilover kits and have had great success with their products matched with our suspension hard parts.

Our kits are premium quality made here in Central PA from start to finish. Raw bar stock to powder coat and ship.

It would be great to have another Pro-Tour car in the works.

ramey

looter
01-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Call Ramey at UMI. Hey, that's me.

+1

beyond helpful

Ls2GS
01-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Hey Ramey, if you bring back that 15% off sale, I might be willing to pull the trigger on that stage 3 suspension kit!

BBSkylark
01-17-2012, 05:19 AM
+1 beyond helpful

+2 for Ramey, great guy to deal with and a plethora of knowledge in suspension!

Ls2GS
01-19-2012, 09:41 AM
I just put my order in with Ramey at UMI Performance! After looking around at CPP and other competitors, UMI is by far the best value. Ramey was super helpful and informative about suspension tuning and their products. I ordered the stage 3 kit and i was able to customize the package for my needs. Nicely done Ramey!

BBSkylark
01-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Another GS riding on UMI stuff! Awesome!

UMI Tech
01-20-2012, 06:28 AM
I think the best thing about having a car on UMI pieces is hearing about what you guys are doing with your cars. From big brakes to big blocks, blowers to LS power, it's all cool and very interesting to all of us at UMI. We have guys drag racing, road racing, auto-xing, canyon carving, street cruising, and on and on. I can't wait to hear how your cars turn out!

We are truly honored to be a part of these awesome builds.

ramey

Posi12Bolt
06-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Ramey, do you offer something like CPP's stage IV kits? My Chevelle Frame will be back from powerdercoating shortly and I'd like to do it right the first time...

UMI Tech
06-04-2012, 02:02 PM
We do offer a similar kit either with Hotchkis/Bilstein standard springs and dampers or QA1 coilovers (econo, single adj damping, double adjustable damping, or heavy compression/rebound adjustable drag damping).

Also, we have some geometry improvement options like tall ball joints and precision options like Delrin bushings and Roto-Joints in place of urethane.

We don't have brakes spec'd out in our "official" kits but can certainly sell and/or guide you accordingly.

Also, we've been working on some steering gear solutions and can guide you there as well.

Thanks for asking about UMI!

Let me know how I can help.

Ramey

chevelletiger
06-05-2012, 10:44 AM
I have cpp lowers on my chevelle with tall upper and lower bj. From scandc there great arms don't let ppl tell you there made in china,there not there made in anaheim ca. Down the st. From my work on lemon and freedom ave. There tig welded with delrin bushings powder coated and pretty beefy!

rrelco
06-05-2012, 10:58 AM
+1...

you need about 2 hrs of talk time but he knows his sh.. (stuff) I was on the fence with CPP so I took the dive and went with Speedtech my elco drives like its on rails and love it.....

sanman
06-06-2012, 09:18 PM
If you have a chance check out www.camaroperformers.com click on the drilled/slotted red rotored picture first then click on the blue 67 camaro in the cones next. Thats my car and it has a complete stage 4 CPP kit on it plus their steering box. I LOVE it. Drives like a go cart on steroids. They are quality products and built in Anaheim, CA. If you have any questions send me a message.

Dan Tugues
05-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Braking ant turning before was just like smashing a huge marshmallow floating on a hot pan...very very scary over 80miles...
Now...what can i tell you..like one of the posts...it's like a go kart on steroids..
here some pics of the front...

76568765697657176572765737657476575765767657776578 7657976580

streetnova74
05-24-2013, 10:01 AM
Nice Nova, anymore info or a build thread? Thanks

Dan Tugues
06-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Hi! no thread post man, sorry...but hey here some more pics...just waiting for the QA1 shocks for the rear to complete it..

now we need to lower the rear about 1 1/2 to get the proper stance...the car feels rock solid now!!!...hope to post pics soon of the track time..

Dan..

gmgiuffre
06-22-2013, 05:46 PM
Nice Build More pictures!

RSCam
07-01-2013, 09:56 PM
If you have a chance check out www.camaroperformers.com (http://www.camaroperformers.com) click on the drilled/slotted red rotored picture first then click on the blue 67 camaro in the cones next. Thats my car and it has a complete stage 4 CPP kit on it plus their steering box. I LOVE it. Drives like a go cart on steroids. They are quality products and built in Anaheim, CA. If you have any questions send me a message.

Hi Sanman,

I have read the install article on your '67 at least 3 times with time spent in between pouring over websites on Heidt's, RideTech, DSI and the other usual players in this field. My '67 RS is pure street car and for what you get for the money with the CPP Stage IV kit, it very much appeals to me. Even your wheel-tire combo, if you don't mind some total copycatting here. Yes, with upgraded steering box too. I'm a little concered with the (frontend) drop springs AND drop spindles. Is it the 18's that keep the front from being too low? Do you get enough suspension travel? My other concern is the rear 265x40x18 tire. I know the fender lips were rolled. Did that do the complete trick? Any rubbing on potholes? Driveways? Etc?

I look forward to your reply and thank you for your time and consideration.

RSCam

Dan Tugues
07-09-2013, 04:09 PM
here they are..the stance now is the ideal for me, not to high not to low cause here the roads are *--*^#E@! and they have speed bumps everywhere!!.. bstrds!. hehe, man there is a very significant improve in handling and braking

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2013/07/picturephpalbumid2038pictureid9330-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2013/07/picturephpalbumid2038pictureid9338-1.jpg

Gordz32
07-13-2013, 07:36 AM
I've got the full CPP kit on my 67' Elco and that car handles great and stops pretty quick too. My personal opinion is that if your just looking to have some fun on the auto cross and not spend a much of cash then the CPP stuff works great. If your actively looking to make your car faster and faster, then maybe you should keeping saving your cash and spend your money elsewhere. I'm not knocking any one else's kit in this price range, Just giving first hand experience with the CPP kit. My car was a completely different animal after the kit was installed, and for what I wanted out of the car it was perfect. Here's the link to the mag feature with improvement numbers as well. http://www.superchevy.com/technical/chassis/suspension_steering/sucs_1046_1967_chevy_el_camino_cpp_stage_ii_pro_to uring_kit_install/viewall.html

gmgiuffre
07-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Gordz32

Do you think the improvement was just because your stock suspension was FUBAR and anything new would have made it better or that CPP is a quality affordable competition in the performance suspension market? Outside of the autocross how does it ride?

I've got the full CPP kit on my 67' Elco and that car handles great and stops pretty quick too. My personal opinion is that if your just looking to have some fun on the auto cross and not spend a much of cash then the CPP stuff works great. If your actively looking to make your car faster and faster, then maybe you should keeping saving your cash and spend your money elsewhere. I'm not knocking any one else's kit in this price range, Just giving first hand experience with the CPP kit. My car was a completely different animal after the kit was installed, and for what I wanted out of the car it was perfect. Here's the link to the mag feature with improvement numbers as well. http://www.superchevy.com/technical/chassis/suspension_steering/sucs_1046_1967_chevy_el_camino_cpp_stage_ii_pro_to uring_kit_install/viewall.html

Gordz32
07-16-2013, 08:59 AM
There's no doubt about it that the original suspension was totally worn out. However, comparing a stock rebuilt suspension to the CPP Kit, there is a substantial increase in ride quality and handling. I drove the car for a year and a half as my DD before pulling it off the road to completely go through it. I loved the way it felt driving, even on the crappy California highways it felt great. Hope this answered your question.

rockytopper
07-17-2013, 11:26 AM
I saw this episode on TV last week. I think it speaks very well to the quality and performance of the Cpp products. http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/hrdp_1212_barn_find_pro_touring_1966_buick_with_cp p_suspension/viewall.html

gmgiuffre
07-18-2013, 08:28 AM
Well I just purchased everything possible from cpp for my 65 f85 so well see how see goes

Dan Tugues
07-18-2013, 02:34 PM
Well I just purchased everything possible from cpp for my 65 f85 so well see how see goes

GREAT!!! post some pics as soon as you can!...we have to take special care in the "seasoning" for the brakes, specially for sport brakes like the 13" we use in the cpp kit we bought, also we need to make complete new brake lines from the rear. The rest was simply bolt in. Good luck!

rockytopper
07-19-2013, 06:45 AM
I have the CCP 4 wheel 11 in kit. Only issue you will see on the 65 f85 is the banjo clamps that fit around the rear axle to hold the brackets that support the hardline connection to flex hose @ the calipers will hit the shock brackets. I welded the brackets to the axle housing & ditched the clamps. Other than that only additional part I needed not included in the kit is the flex line to the pumpkin. I bought it local.

Big Mike333
08-11-2021, 07:31 AM
Well I just purchased everything possible from cpp for my 65 f85 so well see how see goes[/QUOTE]

How’d it work out for you? Fitment, Ride etc? Follow up pics?
I have the full Pro-touring stage IV setup for my 64 Cutlass 2 door post car. Body is off the frame as of now prepping for blast and powder coat. Want to box the frame but don’t know what shop I can trust to do it out here in the Portland Oregon area. Here’s my car frame off and before I tore it dwn.
Also wondering people’s thoughts on a Pro-touring setup that isn’t an LS swap. Wanting to stay with an Olds Engine (455).

https://www.pro-touring.com/blob:https://www.pro-touring.com/e2a14957-1501-4195-8d50-c6e1521adc13

https://www.pro-touring.com/blob:https://www.pro-touring.com/4d71d674-b7c7-43e5-ae3c-a936ceb4d1ec

Big Mike333
08-11-2021, 07:35 AM