PDA

View Full Version : G body suspension packages

1985olds
12-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Hey guys,
new here. wanted to say hi first before my question. Does any body know of a decent suspension package for g bodies. looking for tubular control arms, sway bars and what not, havent decided to go coilover or not. The reason i ask is so that im sure the parts are compatible as opposed to me piecing it together. thanks in advance to those that reply

bigdogg
12-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Go to www.maliburacing.com there is all g-body there great site.

UMI Tech
12-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Hey 1985. Ramey here from UMI Performance. We offer a large array of parts for your car. Right now I'm working on a Pro-Tour style rear bar for this package as an upgrade.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_265&products_id=605

The camber curve for the upper arms and tall ball joint is on our front page.

I'd love to chat with you about this package. On here is fine or you can call the shop. 814.343.6315

What are you going to be doing with the car? Mostly street? Pro-tour events?

1985olds
12-14-2011, 08:27 PM
hey ramey,
I was in all honesty just on your website, got myself a nice list going. The car is a 1985 olds cutlass salon. 327 with a t5 and a 4.10 ten bolt. im building this as a combo for street and pro-tour events, nothing too serious. I was checking out the packages, and ill probably piece my suspension together with your parts. im starting up front with your sway bar and upper and lower control arms, because im getting ready for a 12 inch front rotor conversion, which recommends using an aftermarket upper control arm because the new caprice spindles are taller. other than that im doing a c6 rear brake conversion, and trying to figure out what to do as far as springs, lowering coil, or coil overs. any ideas?

1985olds
12-14-2011, 09:35 PM
by the way, my name is ian

UMI Tech
12-15-2011, 06:27 AM
Good morning Ian.

Thanks for considering UMI.

If you're already using taller spindles we can skip the 1/2" taller ball joint unless you want even more camber gain (depending on the spindle you can have too much). I haven't tested that spindle combo with +1/2". Maybe someone else can chime in? The link I've attached included Delrin lower bushings which Pro-Tour guys seem to like. They're a bit more precise than poly's.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_59_275&products_id=634

Our front bar is this one:

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_66&products_id=400

We'll be using this front bar on our in-house Gbody while testing at a local road course in Spring 2012. Our Pro-Tour style rear end and chassis mount bar will be tuned both diameter and arm length-wise to work with common spring combinations and that front bar.

We have an equal number of cars on standard coils and coil overs. We sell QA1 coilover kits which include a conical spring (bottom fits the QA1, top fits the stock spring locator) and either a standard, single or double adjustable QA1 damper. The advantage of the coilover is easy ride height adjustment, less weight, etc. Cars can perform equally well on big springs however. There are a ton of good standard height or lowering spring choices and you can use whichever shock you want. We sell a lot of Hotchkis spring/Bilstein non-adjustables and that's what we have on our Pro-Tour style '72 LeMans. I can help you pick after we talk more about your combination. Standards of course get you moving for less money.

Let me know your thoughts on the above.

ramey

CruizinKev
12-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Right now I'm working on a Pro-Tour style rear bar for this package as an upgrade.
oh sounds good! can't wait to see more infos on this

T-CHRGD
12-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Give Mark at SC&C a call. 610-346-8154
SC&C has fantastic packages for G bodies.
www.scandc.com

1985olds
12-16-2011, 07:55 PM
sounds good ramey, thanks for for all the info and help, right now im just trying to figure out what to do spring wise before i order control arms. not sure if coil overs are worth it to me. i will let you know.

UMI Tech
12-24-2011, 02:35 PM
Sale time at UMI!

Merry Christmas

ramey

bigdogg
12-24-2011, 02:38 PM
http://www.ridetech.com/store/musclecars/?subcats=Y&features_hash=V330.V281