PDA

View Full Version : "B" body spindle on "A" body 1966 gm

66larkgs
11-16-2011, 05:17 AM
is anyone running a b body spindle in a Gm A body? how do you like it on the road?
Thanks
Paul

tommycomfort
11-16-2011, 06:55 AM
Paul,
We ran them for a few years on our 64 Chevelle wagon and were happy compared to stock. We did notice some bump steer like everyone else and eventually upgraded to ATS/AFX stuff and more recently to Billet L&H spindles and couldn't be happier. It just depends on how much money you want to throw at it and what your plans are for the car.
Tom

Apogee
11-16-2011, 09:31 AM
Due to the bumpsteer and Ackerman issues, I would think that you would be money ahead to go with a tall ball joint kit over the tall-spindle swap. I'd suggest you give Mark a call at SC&C if you want to discuss it in detail with someone, or do a search as I know he's chimed in on several threads in the past on this exact topic as well as a lot of other very sharp people. He also includes the B-body swap in his book, so if you're in the mood for a little light reading, you might check out "How to Make Your Muscle Car Handle" by Mark Savitske. No book will ever be able to contain all of his automotive knowledge, but it is a good step in that direction. While some of it deals with fairly basic concepts, it can help to reinforce things you may already know and will possibly shed light on some that maybe you don't.

Tobin
KORE3

kochevy67
11-16-2011, 10:35 AM
I run them on my 67 Chevelle with a rack and pinion and I have no complaints.

66larkgs
11-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Can i use my kore3 hubs and c5 with the l&h spindles.
i have b body spindles installed in my car with qa1 coilovers and kore3 hubs with c5 brakes. have no time behind the wheel yet because car is still undergoing paint. but, i didnt know how this setup work and if it is worth keeping or should i update.

Paul

tommycomfort
11-18-2011, 04:38 AM
Can i use my kore3 hubs and c5 with the l&h spindles.
i have b body spindles installed in my car with qa1 coilovers and kore3 hubs with c5 brakes. have no time behind the wheel yet because car is still undergoing paint. but, i didnt know how this setup work and if it is worth keeping or should i update.

Paul

The Kore3 hubs and C5 brackets will work with the L&H spindles. I'd give Luke a call and talk to him about the spindles.
Tom

66larkgs
01-02-2012, 09:08 PM
what do you think about ridetech spindle, l&h billet steering arm, ridetech lower control arm, shockwaves, hotchkis upper control arm.. hoping this will handle and ride the way i exspect. 1.125 sway bar, rear cool ride, 1.0 sway bar and tubular umi upper and lowers.

like to hear some opinions..
Paul
66skylark
turbo 401 nailhead

MonzaRacer
01-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Why mix so many parts makers? Try using similar parts companies,, honestly I like using tall ball joints, SC&C upper arms and such.
If I had my choice then I would think about Ridtech coilovers.
For simple price,, air ride of you have the cash
I STILL love air ride,,,,,,

66larkgs
01-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Why mix so many parts makers? Try using similar parts companies,, honestly I like using tall ball joints, SC&C upper arms and such.
If I had my choice then I would think about Ridtech coilovers.
For simple price,, air ride of you have the cash
I STILL love air ride,,,,,,

I already have the hotchkis front upper arms and the lower airride arms just came in from summit. I orginally was not planning on running air ride shockwaves but i scored a nice deal so i changed my mind. I had my car setup on qa1 coilovers. i like the adjustability of airride where my car is going to be a real driver.. i want to make the Hot Rod Power Tour this year and i wanted to slamm it low when parked but not have to worry about speedbumps and low driveways and i wanted something that will carve through the corners. The only thing with the front is that i already have b body spindles with kore3 hubs setup for c5 brakes so i will keep it that way until the funds allow to switchto the ridetech spindle.If it handles nice and no bumpsteer i will keep it thou. either way i am using the kore3 hub and c5 brakes. i really like the kore3 stuff and you cant beat the price. The back setup is a airride bag, but with umi upper and lower control arms and sway bars. i love thier stuff.. great quality and Made in the USA by guys like us..

Paul
66larkgs Turbo 401 nailhead