PDA

View Full Version : Great time at "Get Started Racing"

BD67
10-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Just got back from the inaugural "Get Started Racing" event at VIR. If you missed the opportunity, you missed a great weekend packed with invaluable autocross instruction, fine cars, nice weather, good food and most of all great people. The school was hosted by Detroit Speed & Jet-Hot High Performance Coatings. These folks know how to do things right. Well worth the money and time.

I am not a "newbe" to the sport of autocross but more of a novice. I have participated in about 8 to 10 events. Like some of you I have a blast at the events but sometimes I'm not sure what I'm doing out there other than trying to get from point A to B without killing to many cones.

After attending this school I have a much better working knowledge base of what I should be doing on the course and when I should be doing it. Now I can start working on my time. I hope everyone else had as much fun as I did. Thanks

71RS/SS396
10-17-2011, 08:53 AM
Just got back from the inaugural "Get Started Racing" event at VIR. If you missed the opportunity, you missed a great weekend packed with invaluable autocross instruction, fine cars, nice weather, good food and most of all great people. The school was hosted by Detroit Speed & Jet-Hot High Performance Coatings. These folks know how to do things right. Well worth the money and time.

I am not a "newbe" to the sport of autocross but more of a novice. I have participated in about 8 to 10 events. Like some of you I have a blast at the events but sometimes I'm not sure what I'm doing out there other than trying to get from point A to B without killing to many cones.

After attending this school I have a much better working knowledge base of what I should be doing on the course and when I should be doing it. Now I can start working on my time. I hope everyone else had as much fun as I did. Thanks

Bennie we're glad you learned a lot, that's what this event was all about, we really wanted to remove the competition part of it and concentrate on learning how to drive the course properly.

jethot
10-20-2011, 06:27 AM
Bennie,
We are very happy you had a good time and learned a lot, we did too. Thank you for participating!

Cheryl

BuzzKillian
09-17-2012, 02:48 PM
I just returned from RTTH8 and was forunate to get in the "Get Started Racing" class. The instruction was GREAT, The techniques and pointers helped improve my times and I believe save some wear on my Tires!
I plan on participating again if given the chance.
Thank you JetHot and DSE

TheJDMan
09-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Is there a schedule of upcoming "Get Started Racing" events?