PDA

View Full Version : Corvette Power Steering Pump & O-Ring adapters

NBM-WU8
10-15-2011, 04:31 PM
I've got a question for you folks running the Corvette LSx accessory drive. Have an LS3 with Corvette accessory drive and I ordered what I thought was the correct Russell adapters to make power steering hoses but something doesn't seem right. I have a Russell 648060 16x1.5 o-ring adapter for the pump but it won't screw in far enough to allow for a 90* fitting to be attached. There is approximately 0.20" of exposed thread on the adapter that sticks past the port on the pump. If it weren't for this, I believe it would probably all work out.

I considered removing the pulley to be able to install the 90* fitting, however, I don't believe that there will be enough clearance once the pulley has been reinstalled.

Is there anyone that is running their own hoses and used the Russell 648060 adapter with a LSx Corvette pump? If so, do you have any pictures of your setup or possibly any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks!

dhutton
10-16-2011, 05:07 AM
That pressure connection is tricky. I used a C5 Corvette hose that I got from Rock Auto for $10. I did not find an AN adaptor that would fit. You may need to have that hose modified for your application.