PDA

View Full Version : Have any ideas on flaming river electronic steering system

turbomonaro
09-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Hey all,
Anybody got thoughts on using a flaming river electronic system.?
also are there any similar systems out there that are not as expensive.
As the car is complete and would be a big deal to put a traditional power system in,
Any help or suggestions would be great as the steering is a rack and pinnion and quite heavy.

:cheers: Adam

turbomonaro
09-15-2011, 07:29 PM
anyone got any advise

Motorcitydak
09-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Im planning to try out a wilwood manual steering rack and an electric power steering column but thats about all I can provide since im years away from having it

1970 TT Rustang
09-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Its a great idea but fairly new iam sure there will be some bugs to be worked out. I would wait for the price to come down i think its like 3500 or more for the setup.

NJSPEEDER
09-17-2011, 04:15 AM
Ford has started putting electric assist steering in Mustangs and in full size trucks. I also believe that Mercedes and some of the other luxury brands have been using electric assist for a few years.

Possibly some scavenging from a late model wreck would be less costly. At least I am hoping it is, I am planning to scrounge the parts for the build I am starting in the spring.

-Tim

Motorcitydak
09-17-2011, 08:17 PM
From what I have seen the new electric power stuff is all built into the steering rack. The unisteer kit I have seen is around $1000 and the motor mounts to the firewall. The one Im looking to use is one piece and all built into the steering column plus its cheaper than that