PDA

View Full Version : Classic Industries Steering box??

boostin05blacksti
09-08-2011, 09:07 AM
Hey guys I found a local guy getting rid of his steering stuff for a rack. He bought the car and was told that all the linkage has been gone over, classic industries 12.7:1 box installed and new rag joint..ect. My questions is I can t seem to find who manufactures the classic industries box or any reviews on it. I really wanted a lee's box but for the price Im getting everything Im finding it very hard to beat. I wrote classic an email and have not go anything back yet. Any one have an input/Info?

Thanks Steven

wmhjr
09-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Just be careful about considering only price. I had a seal fail in a Lee box last Tuesday night. I called and talked to Tom Tuesday night. I'm in Pgh, PA area. On Friday I had a replacement box delivered by UPS, along with a return label to ship my box back. Box was delivered at 3pm by UPS - less than 72 hrs after the seal failed. I had the box in by 4pm and was on my way, in the car, to an event over an hour away.

Service after the sale means a lot to me.

boostin05blacksti
09-08-2011, 09:17 AM
Just be careful about considering only price. I had a seal fail in a Lee box last Tuesday night. I called and talked to Tom Tuesday night. I'm in Pgh, PA area. On Friday I had a replacement box delivered by UPS, along with a return label to ship my box back. Box was delivered at 3pm by UPS - less than 72 hrs after the seal failed. I had the box in by 4pm and was on my way, in the car, to an event over an hour away.

Service after the sale means a lot to me.

I understamd what your saying. Im getting the box, all linkage, and steering colum for 200. That alone is worth the linkage. Even if I dont use the box and I do buy a lees box down the road Ill have made out. The way that I see it is its a win, win.

wmhjr
09-08-2011, 12:53 PM
I can understand that logic :)