PDA

View Full Version : no spark

Hunter68
08-29-2011, 01:49 PM
so i was trying to clean up some wires in my car and of course like everything it went wrong and now i have no spark i wasnt doing anything major just basic i tested the spark plug wire coming right out of the coil and there was no spark what is needed to make the spark please help!

MrQuick
08-29-2011, 05:39 PM
Where did you make changes?

go back over your connections....did you change the yellow R wire from your starter? Did you replace the white fiber covered wire from your bulk connecter to your coil? I assume its a 68 camaro

Hunter68
08-29-2011, 06:02 PM
ii figured it out last owner had some pretty interesting wiring but i got it working now

Jim Nilsen
08-29-2011, 06:16 PM
What was it? I am always curious to know what fixes problems, its the only way to have a database of working knowledge for others. I know from experience how simple and easy an electrical problem can be to fix but finding them is the whole battle for any of us.

absintheisfun
08-29-2011, 07:50 PM
What was it? I know from experience how simple and easy an electrical problem can be to fix but finding them is the whole battle for any of us.

2nded...I'd like to hear the fix as well.

MrQuick
08-29-2011, 09:12 PM
What was it? I am always curious to know what fixes problems, its the only way to have a database of working knowledge for others. I know from experience how simple and easy an electrical problem can be to fix but finding them is the whole battle for any of us. you know its always the last place you look too.

Hunter68
08-30-2011, 08:13 AM
ya it kinda was the last place i would have guessed turns out the last owner had a wire on the coil that i swore went no where and then of course when i was all done, all she did was crank, but the main probably was that there was no power going to the coil at cranking so i found a wire that had never even been connected to anything before and hooked it up to this nasty splice the owner had put into the ignition and walla but man does this wiring really kinda scare me now lol was very nervous about the fix but everything checked out ok