PDA

View Full Version : Strut Suspension Questions

Rols574
08-25-2011, 01:32 PM
I have a 67 Mustang and had decided to go TCP all around for suspension, that is until the new Coyote Engine came out and now im in love with HP and more importantly the MPG that come out of that engine since my car is a daily driver. To get it to fit I've found out that I will need Mustang II suspension or a Strut suspension with notched towers. I am really not a fan of the Mustang II suspension and I have no idea about the quality of a strut suspension so i was hoping you guys could fill me in. also what rear suspension would be a good match to go along with a strut suspension.

Thanks

dontlifttoshift
08-25-2011, 01:54 PM
With TCP stuff can't you notch the shock towers to get them room you need? I know the upper control arm is still there but i thought most of clearance issues were above that.

Don't forget, no power steering pump on a coyote motor. Sean Hyland has a bracket that mounts the pump backwards (like some centrifugal superchargers.)

Rols574
08-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Don't forget, no power steering pump on a coyote motor. Sean Hyland has a bracket that mounts the pump backwards (like some centrifugal superchargers.)

I had already seen that but now you confuse me. According to Sean Hyland with the pump he sells it would make PS a possibility no?