PDA

View Full Version : 2nd gen fbody heidts 4 link?

prosuperstar
08-16-2011, 11:19 PM
What is the current consensus on this product handling wise. I've asked a few people who have installed it and they told me that they do like it and it does improve handling. I also asked about the possible binding issue and was told there wasn't one. I've also seen where some people were suggesting to replace the stock bushing ends with sleeves and spherical ends to prevent bind. I'm not concerned about wheel/tire fitment, I only want to know if this product is better than whats been said about it in the past.

Bryce
08-17-2011, 05:46 AM
How did the Heidts Camaro do at the Heidts sponsored event last month? That might give you a clue on the handling.

HeidtsSales
08-17-2011, 08:42 AM
The Heidts 4 link is designed with 2 things in mind. First and foremost greatly improved handling and secondly but just as important, value. We are well aware that the customers dedicated to making improvements on their car are looking for the best product they can buy at a reasonable price, and we here at Heidts are delivering on both of those accounts.
There are not any binding issues on the 4 link product or any of our other products. Please remember there is a great deal of information on these forums, some of that information is highly technical and accurate and there are some that are not qualified, nor motivated to give accurate advice.
If there are any questions or technical advice, please call Heidts direct.

P.S. The Heidts 71 Camaro finished 12th overall out of 33 cars at the Heidts Performance Car Challenge and 4th in Autocross last weekend at Goodguys in Chicago.

Ron Westman
Heidts Hot Rod & Muscle Car Parts
Sales/Tech
800-841-8188

prosuperstar
08-17-2011, 06:38 PM
Thank you Ron for clearing that up. I will be purchasing your 4 link kit very soon after I rap up some other ends on my build.

79 Camaro
08-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Just a bit of info on my Heidt 4 link in my 67 Nova. Similar to the 70 Camaro 4 link. Note the 67 4 link upper arms are longer compared to the 70 Camaro version.

400 hp at the rear wheels on the chassis dyno. LS1/4L60E conversion.

The good on the 67. No wheel hop at all. From a dead stop it pulls straight with zero drama. Pinion angle can be set spot on.

The bad. With the poly bushing the 4 link it is a "groaner". Greased all the 4 link bushings and after a short time the groans come back. No provision to grease on the car, they must be removed. Not easy or fun.

Turning or inclines and turns to the car causes the poly bushing twist and the create noise. No doudt the frame and axle mount can stand the strain but freedom of movement is not great.

As I understand Heidt is actively working on some type of "johnny joint" rod end for more rear end articulation and eliminate the groan of the poly bushing. I asked the question on Lateral G net and heidt contacted me. Further conversation with Heidt was "stay tuned" we are working on something. No ETA on the new rod ends.

Before I purchased I would want some assurance the "new" rod ends would be included.

Got any questions PM me.