PDA

View Full Version : Rough estimate of cost to drop body over Morrison chassis?

TNH
08-03-2011, 03:06 PM
I would love to body drop my '69 Bird over a Morrison chassis to get an ultra low ride height.
Can anyone give me a very rough ballpark cost for a job like that?

I realize there are many variables, but I just need to have an idea if it is even remotely within my budget.

Something like this.....
https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?62907-1969-Camaro-Build

Also, I have a blown 540ci BBC, with the car channeled so low, will the engine be too high for a hood?

bdahlg68
08-03-2011, 06:27 PM
I can't say how much it would cost, but I'm curious how low you really want to go? Take a look at Project Unfair and maybe talk to Frank / Prodigy. I think they dropped the body down on the floor pan about an inch. Also, talk to some of the chassis guys. Blake says you can get pretty low on the Speedtech stuff. Maybe he has some pics. I think these guys already push the limit of low without significant mods to the fenders / hood. These guys may have a more economical way to achieve your desired look.

ProdigyCustoms
08-04-2011, 04:28 AM
We estimate about 300 to 400 hours frame welded to body, floors fabricated, mountings for accesories mounted, etc. It seems to never end on all the little tabs, hangers, provisions that have to be added back into the floor.

I tell people $40K in fast math for frame and installation.

TNH
08-04-2011, 09:22 AM
I can't say how much it would cost, but I'm curious how low you really want to go? Take a look at Project Unfair and maybe talk to Frank / Prodigy. I think they dropped the body down on the floor pan about an inch. Also, talk to some of the chassis guys. Blake says you can get pretty low on the Speedtech stuff. Maybe he has some pics. I think these guys already push the limit of low without significant mods to the fenders / hood. These guys may have a more economical way to achieve your desired look.

I searched through the entire build thread, and I would be very satisfied with that ride height.
Thank you for the suggestion.

We estimate about 300 to 400 hours frame welded to body, floors fabricated, mountings for accesories mounted, etc. It seems to never end on all the little tabs, hangers, provisions that have to be added back into the floor.

I tell people $40K in fast math for frame and installation.

Ok, thank you, that was just what I was looking for. That is way out of my budget for now. That is what I really want though, so I may just put this project on hold until funds allow for it.