PDA

View Full Version : which Tubular Control arms should i go with

69blackwhss
07-28-2011, 02:52 AM
i have a stock 69 camaro with 4 wheel disc breaks an looking at goin Tubular Control arms but there is so many to pick from so which one is the best for the bang i guess are which one is better then the others. i just drive the camaro no racing but one time a year. just going for the pro-touring looking an want to help the drive some an have the handling if i need it one day u know an its time to do something about the stock control arms rebuild them r get tubular ones an fix the poor chevy front end that it came with so any help on the tubular control arms would be great guys thanks...

Tom Welch
07-28-2011, 05:41 AM
SPC adjustable uppers, available from SC&C, I believe that these are the best choice since they can adjusted to the car. No need for alignment shims either since the adjustment is done with the sleeves. my .02.

TT302Z28
07-28-2011, 05:48 AM
Speed tech is a good price for what you get. In the end I wish I would have bought the DSE for the Caster shims.

I have Global West uppers and lowers and am happy with the quality. Just stay way from the low cost off shore crud on epay. Buy the uppers and rebuilt the lowers. Spend the money on a good steering box and you will be miles ahead.

LS1NOVA
07-28-2011, 06:25 AM
SC&C stage 2.

Ishmael
07-28-2011, 07:14 AM
I posted a thread like this I think a while back. The question has probably been asked a hundred times by now. Once you buy some quality pieces it doesn't make much of a difference. SC&C can be adjusted on the car. Speedtech allow you to do a revised Guldstrand Mod. Only the static geometry is going to being enhanced by arms alone (not sure about SC&C) so the G Mod or tall ball joints are in order. You say you aren't racing. I'm in the same boat. I bought the Speedtech's. You need to read this thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?80648-Aftermarket-First-gen-F-Body-A-arm-Geometries&highlight=what+do+control+arms+really+do
And then this one: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?80250-Speedtech-Guldstrand&highlight=speedtech+mod
Hey Mods, what about making that first link a sticky?

davidk68
07-28-2011, 08:52 AM
Hey Jason, I sent you a PM.

David

LS1NOVA
07-28-2011, 09:46 AM
If your going to spend the money, the camber curve needs correction. G mod depending on manufacturer or SC&C which have tall ball joints and stock upper mounting location.

bret
07-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Define your goals...and start calling your final list of manufacturers to ask questions. It will become clear as you invest in this process who will satisfy your needs the best.
Limiting yourself to asking those questions here is like reading only the headlines of a really important newspaper or magazine article.

Nessumsar
07-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Define your goals...and start calling your final list of manufacturers to ask questions. It will become clear as you invest in this process who will satisfy your needs the best.
Limiting yourself to asking those questions here is like reading only the headlines of a really important newspaper or magazine article.

Excellent advise as usual Bret.

69blackwhss
07-28-2011, 12:33 PM
Am thinking of goin with ride tech ones an do coil overs an maybe after some more years an the older I get I'll do the upgrade to the air ride all the way around from ride tech. But every one I know around here just do the Dse an They say they like them an I know they work just worried if I do diff I'll not like it but idk I have be follow ridetech since I was on the 2006 power tour tho an was even asked to roll with them to the next town which was great an got to see how the air ride works when the 70 Camaro just let me behide on the corning lol