PDA

View Full Version : '68 Nova LS1/T56

NOPANTS-68
07-26-2011, 07:42 PM
I'm putting the Nova up for sale as I just don't seem to drive it much. I'm starting a new business and have no time for the car right now. It's a fun street car that always attracts a crowd at shows. It's turn key reliable and ready to race or just take out for ice cream. The car can be converted back to PT with a wheel change and a shock adjustment. I've had 17x11s on it with 315s and think the car can swallow a 335 if you were careful with backspacing. The 6 speed conversion and new 9 inch have less than 500 miles on them. The trans has 50K on it and has been a great upgrade, making the car more versitile. Looking for $26K. Here's the specs:

1968 Nova

Body

-Finished in Lemans Blue PPG base/clear with semi gloss black Baldwin Motion style stripes bordered in vintage white
-started with completely rust free body with all original sheetmetal (aftermarket steel 4 inch cowl hood)
-New door and hood hinges
-All panels gapped perfectly- doors and trunk shut with minimal effort
-Newer vinyl top with new stainless trim
-Detroit Speed minitub kit installed- trunk finished with factory style look
-S&M race cars 8 point cage with camera mount- custom floor plates
-New mirrors, emblems, door locks, etc
-Paint is in excellent shape with some minor flaws- far better than driver quality- car is shown and does win paint awards
-Entire floor covered in Fatmat sound deadener

Chassis

-QA1 adjustable front billet coilovers
-Addco 1.125 inch sway bar with urethane mounts
-SSBC front brake kit- slotted rotors and billet calipers- Wilwood billet master cyl.
-Unisteer manual rack and pinion steering system with polished stainless link kit
-New urethane bushings, new ball joints, wheel bearings etc
-Competition Engineering subframe connectors
-Inboarded Eaton Detroit leaf springs using Comp engineering rear mounts
-Custom rear shock mounts with Comp Engineering adjustable shocks/ custom lower shock perches for optimal shock angles
-Custom traction bars with adjustable links
-Custom ordered Currie 9 inch rear diff. with 5 inch narrower track to optimize DSE kit (gives more wheel options and a far wider rear lip) – spine braced, filler cap, drain, vent
-new Strange Pro-G nodular third member
-new Detroit Locker, Richmond 4.33 gears
-new 35 spline Moser axles, new bearings and seals
-Centerline Telstar billet wheels- 15 x 7 (new 205/60/15) and 15 x 10 (Mickey Thompson 325/50/15 Drag radial) The car can run an 11 inch wheel and a 315+ tire. The custom narrow housing allows for a 6 inch deep rear lip.

Engine

-2003 LS1 (all aluminum)
-TEA ported heads
-Autokraft oil pan
-Edelbrock motor mounts and coated headers
-Thunder Racing Trex 2.0 cam (242/248 .608/.612 110 LSA)- new LS2 timing chain-matched valve springs, locks, Ti retainers etc
-Thunder Racing new ported and polished LS6 oil pump
-Comp Cams Heavy duty pushrods
-6.0L heavy duty Coil packs and Taylor plug wires
-Edelbrock victor intake manifold and custom Holley HP 750 carb built by Competition Carburetion of Nevada
-MSD 6010 timing controller with easy to use laptop software, custom billet bulkhead harness plate
-2.5 inch exhaust with 3.5 inch electric cutouts, Bullet mufflers, X pipe, and over the axle terminating under the bumper tailpipes
-Meziere billet electric water pump with in-car adjustable speed controller
-Holley blue fuel pump- (-8 delivery line, -8 to carb, Holley reg. with gauge, -8 return line,20 gallon aluminum cell with AN beathers and sump)
-Custom ordered Griffin radiator with 1.5” tubes (-20 AN water lines, 1600 cfm fan) car runs 175-190 on even the hottest days in traffic

-T-56 trans with Hurst billet shifter
-new Monster level 3 clutch
-new Billet steel flywheel
-new ARP hardware
-new Custom tubular trans crossmember with drop out center
-new Quicktime SFI scattershield
-new brand new steel driveshaft by Driveline service with all 1350 Spicer joints
-Custom billet capped center console/ Lokar boot/ Hurst pistol knob with line lock

Interior

-New door panels, hardware, and dash pad
-Custom built gauge panel with billet gauge surround, billet control panels, Autometer gauges and tach
-Corbeau race seats, G force 5 point harnesses, custom rear bulkhead panels and package tray
-New headliner and mirror
-Painless wiring harness
-Lecarra steering wheel

A couple things to fix- gas gauge and volt meter went on the fritz last week. Could be a ground. One of the cutouts has decided to no longer open. All will be fixed before it leaves my garage. The weakest areas are the carpet and a couple tiny spots in the paint that you wouldn't notice unless I pointed them out.

walk around video when it had the auto in it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0dL_VBNqEI

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2009/09/DSCN6603-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/07/motor121-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/07/ggrearcruise-1.jpg

johnny68
07-26-2011, 07:45 PM
such a cool car Dave good luck
john

NOPANTS-68
07-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Thanks John. I'm hoping it goes to a good home. It's been fun. The latest mods made it far, far better.

L8869
07-27-2011, 03:06 PM
Do you have any more pics you could send me [email protected]
-Thanks John

srh3trinity
07-27-2011, 04:53 PM
I have always liked this car. Such a clean engine compartment.

NOPANTS-68
07-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Pics sent to John.

Thanks Stephen.

PSV
07-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Love the car, love the color, love the sound! Good luck with the sale.

NOPANTS-68
07-29-2011, 05:20 PM
Love the car, love the color, love the sound! Good luck with the sale.

Thanks Paul! I think you need an LSX Nova!

DButler
07-30-2011, 02:19 PM
I would love to have this car. I have a 79 z28 that has the exact same wheel setup but it is bbc with spray no lsx but I wish. haha If I had the cash i would be all over this car.

NOPANTS-68
08-14-2011, 07:38 AM
car is sold.

Thanks guys- thanks PT.com.

Mikes83ss
09-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Thats a neat lookin hood stripe.