PDA

View Full Version : 69 camaro suspension help?? what to go with any options.

69blackwhss
07-21-2011, 05:07 AM
i am thinking of getting away for mono left in the rear! i just got a Moser 12 bolt. the rest of the camaro is all stock besides the brakes on the suspension. any info what are my options are?
i have looked at air ride when i was on the power tour but i would never use the system like its made to be used. Am all about the look of the car tho an nice ride an big tires an all four corners i just saw the truturn which is nice too but i dont know yet. Am goin for the pro-touring look. My camaro is goin ls1 with a tko-600 if that matters any.. thanks for any info on this suspension setup:drive:

marolf101x
07-21-2011, 06:22 AM
If you are unsure about air, why not go coil-over?
http://www.ridetech.com/store/suspension-systems/vehicle-packages/1967-1969-chevy-camaro-firebird-complete-coilover-system.html

Our air suspension and coil-over kits use the same parts, so you can have tall spindles, TruTurn, any option available on air is available with our coil-over kits as well.

69blackwhss
07-21-2011, 06:39 AM
If you are unsure about air, why not go coil-over?
http://www.ridetech.com/store/suspension-systems/vehicle-packages/1967-1969-chevy-camaro-firebird-complete-coilover-system.html

Our air suspension and coil-over kits use the same parts, so you can have tall spindles, TruTurn, any option available on air is available with our coil-over kits as well.

i dont have anything yet been thinking an looking to see what i want rite now an on the link how low would the car set were it aint

Non Adjustable Coil-Over?? an could u make a kit for me with the truturn in the kit to help me help on cost :)

darren@ridetech
07-21-2011, 06:46 AM
Will the car see any track time? Road Course? Auto Cross?

69blackwhss
07-21-2011, 12:07 PM
Will the car see any track time? Road Course? Auto Cross?

No not really maybe one nite at the drag strip with the new ls motor but that's it. The cat is a driver on nice days to an from work an around town an some car shows that's out of state. I would like to try an road course one day but don't have any good ones around Lexington ky.

darren@ridetech
07-21-2011, 01:44 PM
The ride heihgt would be about 2" lower than factory.

OK... let's break it down piece by piece then.

Lower StrongArms - $600/pair
Upper StrongArms - $400/pair
NA CoilOvers - $600/pair
TruTurn spindle/steering arm/drag link Kit - $1000

Bolt-on 4 Link - $1300
Rear NA CoilOvers - $550/pair.

Total Package - $4450

Other Options:
Front Musclebar sway bar (Modular w/ PosiLinks)- $500
Rear Musclebar sway bar (Modular w/ PosiLinks)- $500

69blackwhss
07-22-2011, 11:10 AM
What about the 1967-1969 Chevy Camaro,Firebird - Level 2
Part #: 11160299. Which would be better to just ride around on. An what if I wanted the truturn system this kit comes with some of the same parts I don't want to have extra parts lol r could u all make me a kit with what I need to Help on the cost some r would I just have to buy individually parts to get what I want just like the list u gave me on the coil overs? Thanks

The ride heihgt would be about 2" lower than factory.

OK... let's break it down piece by piece then.

NA CoilOvers - $600/pair
TruTurn spindle/steering arm/drag link Kit - $1000

Bolt-on 4 Link - $1300
Rear NA CoilOvers - $550/pair.

Total Package - $4450

Other Options:

darren@ridetech
07-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Yes, you are correct, the Level 2 Air System System already contains the spindles. So to add the TruTurn to that system would only add an additional $650 instead of $1000.

The CoilOver kit listed above versus this Level 2 Air Suspension kit.... I recently had a chance to compare the two back to back. I have air suspension on my personal car, 70 Chevelle. We recently outfit the company 66 Chevelle w/ our CoilOvers. Besides the type of spring being used, these two cars have almost identical parts on them. I got a fair amount of seat time in the 66 when i drove it to Nashville and back for the GoodGuys event. I was amazed.... it rode as good as my 70 w/ air suspension. I knew these our new Mono-tube Impact Forged shocks rode well, but this was the first significant amount of seat time on them. Regardless of who sign's my pay check.... I was truely impressed. :)

But at the same time... w/o air suspension you lose the ability to deflate the car for that ultra low stance and the ability to offset for varying loads. But... you also save about $1000-$2000 since you don't need a compressor system.

I will say that I think it is easier to get a great ride quality w/ our air suspension. Getting that 66 to ride that good on CoilOver's did not come easy. The guys in the fab shop spent a fair amount of time calculating and swapping out springs and shocks to come up w/ the perfect arrangemnt of parts to make that car ride that good. Good thing for you guys that we've already done all that homework and you won't have too!

darren@ridetech
07-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Here is the price list of the Level 2 Air Suspension kit broken down individually.

SA Shockwaves - $900/pair
RideTech Tall Spindles - $350

Bolt-on 4 Link - $1300
Rear SA Shockwaves - $900/pair.
5 gallon Ridepro E3 Compressor System - $1700

Total Package - $6150

Other Options:
TruTurn upgrade w/o Spindles - $650

69blackwhss
07-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Do u know anything about mini tubs like if I get the coil over kit an the truturn I want to run wide tires all around so if I put the coilovers on the rear an just do the mini tub panels what size could I go with onthe rim on the rear? If u would know that an would I still have to notch my frame still
Yes, you are correct, the Level 2 Air System System already contains the spindles. So to add the TruTurn to that system would only add an additional $650 instead of $1000.

The CoilOver kit listed above versus this Level 2 Air Suspension kit.... I recently had a chance to compare the two back to back. I have air suspension on my personal car, 70 Chevelle. We recently outfit the company 66 Chevelle w/ our CoilOvers. Besides the type of spring being used, these two cars have almost identical parts on them. I got a fair amount of seat time in the 66 when i drove it to Nashville and back for the GoodGuys event. I was amazed.... it rode as good as my 70 w/ air suspension. I knew these our new Mono-tube Impact Forged shocks rode well, but this was the first significant amount of seat time on them. Regardless of who sign's my pay check.... I was truely impressed. :)

But at the same time... w/o air suspension you lose the ability to deflate the car for that ultra low stance and the ability to offset for varying loads. But... you also save about $1000-$2000 since you don't need a compressor system.

I will say that I think it is easier to get a great ride quality w/ our air suspension. Getting that 66 to ride that good on CoilOver's did not come easy. The guys in the fab shop spent a fair amount of time calculating and swapping out springs and shocks to come up w/ the perfect arrangemnt of parts to make that car ride that good. Good thing for you guys that we've already done all that homework and you won't have too!

darren@ridetech
07-22-2011, 01:33 PM
On the 48 hr Camaro we used mini tubs, notched the frame behind the axle and trimmed the outer fender lips, it has a 335 on a 12" wheel. I am not sure how much tire will fit w/o notching the rail....

69blackwhss
07-22-2011, 05:53 PM
Ok thanks for all the tech help one last question since am a member lol could I get a discount.... ;)
On the 48 hr Camaro we used mini tubs, notched the frame behind the axle and trimmed the outer fender lips, it has a 335 on a 12" wheel. I am not sure how much tire will fit w/o notching the rail....

ProdigyCustoms
07-23-2011, 09:02 AM
Give us a call. We can package up some stuuff and save you some cash

69blackwhss
07-23-2011, 08:47 PM
U open on Sunday?

ProdigyCustoms
07-25-2011, 02:29 PM
No Sundays unless I happen to be here but usually reserve those for working on the new building, sorry

Call me anytime during the work week though

69blackwhss
07-26-2011, 11:59 AM
ill give u a call today i hope