PDA

View Full Version : Tall Spindles vs. Guldstrand Mod on 69 Camaro

Ryanater
07-15-2011, 07:01 PM
It seems like this topic is pretty beat to death but I can't seem to find any info on the difference in roll centers.

Correct me if I am wrong but it seems as though the camber gains between the 2 are about the same.

How much will each one raise your roll center? Which would have a better roll center if the car is lowered ~2-4". (keeping in mind that taller spindles usually have a 1-2" drop.)

Ryanater
07-15-2011, 10:53 PM
Oh and I forgot about the DSE upper arms. I guess they have a variation of the Guldstrand mod but I don't know the details.

6'9"Witha69
07-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Arms do nothing for camber gain. Only static caster. The dse speed kit which replaces the upper mounts and converts you to coilover incorporates this, but that is all. My advice is to call Marcus @ SC&C. He knows his all off hand and is a great guy to buy from no matter what you decide!

Machine-de-Zine
07-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Arms do nothing for camber gain. Only static caster. The dse speed kit which replaces the upper mounts and converts you to coilover incorporates this, but that is all. My advice is to call Marcus @ SC&C. He knows his all off hand and is a great guy to buy from no matter what you decide!

Excellent advice! Also buy his book "How to Make Your Muscle Car Handle" by Mark Savitske, SA Design #175.
If you need mathematical proof of Mark's awesome wisdom, also buy W.F.Milliken & D.L.Milliken's CHASSIS DESIGN - Principles and Analysis by Maurice Olley.

Ryanater
07-16-2011, 07:06 PM

I thought the DSE arms came with a template to re-drill the mounting holes similar to the Guldstrand mod.

Ryanater
07-16-2011, 07:08 PM
Excellent advice! Also buy his book "How to Make Your Muscle Car Handle" by Mark Savitske

Just bought it.