PDA

View Full Version : 67 Camaro Staggered Shock Conversion

piratebaseball
07-04-2011, 06:41 PM
I've searched and searched and searched and can not find the information I'm looking for. I have a 67 camaro that I have to install the DSE Crossmember because I have mini tubbed my camaro with the DSE mini tubs. Since I have to do it anyways, I figured why not go ahead and make it a staggered shock. I know some people on the forum have done this so all advice is welcomed. Where to cut, how to measure out what angle to weld the new crossmember in at... All things welcomed! Maybe when its all done I can document this process for anybody else with 67 camaros wanting to do this.

MrQuick
07-04-2011, 09:02 PM
We usually put the shocks in staggered.

The notes and pictures are at the shop but I seem to remember 15 degrees tilt in and 10 degrees front to back. mock up the shocks before you cut out for the mount.

piratebaseball
07-05-2011, 04:41 AM
Thanks Mr. Quick! That is the information I was looking for. Now how much taller than the bottom of the floor pan should the cross member stick up? Thanks again for the information!
Landon

MrQuick
07-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Thanks Mr. Quick! That is the information I was looking for. Now how much taller than the bottom of the floor pan should the cross member stick up? Thanks again for the information!
Landon
dude?
https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?79881-DSE-Upper-Shock-Crossmember-Dimensions

piratebaseball
07-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Sorry, I was referring to is their a difference in the mounting height between staggered and non-staggered shocks with the upper shock cross member. I'm paranoid about perfection so just trying to do all my homework as much as possible before I start cutting.

MrQuick
07-05-2011, 10:24 PM
ok, just checking. nope, just the angle of the crossmember.