PDA

View Full Version : Ridetech triple adjustable coilovers on G-Bar

dhutton
07-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Anyone changed out their Varishock coilovers for the Ridetech triple adjustable coilover with remote reservoir? Looking for some feedback since it's a relatively costly conversion.

Do the polybushings from the Varishocks fit into the Ridetechs?

Thanks,
Don

MonzaRacer
07-04-2011, 12:47 PM
G bar is same as Ridetech setup, as for their shocks they have their own multipiece bearing/bushing setup, pm darren@ridetech here on the Pt sight he should be able to help you.
Should be an awesome setup with the triples, might look at the doubles or singles for my Monza if air ride parts dont get finished soon.

killer69
07-04-2011, 08:43 PM
i have put the Ridetech tripples on the front of my Nova, standard street driving i would say no differance in feel over their singles, unless you are full on racing the car and we have not tested them in race conditions yet. i think their singles would be the way to go. the tripples are really Cool tho.
we had singles on the Nova for Optima and RTTC2 you should look up the results.

dhutton
07-05-2011, 03:19 AM
i have put the Ridetech tripples on the front of my Nova, standard street driving i would say no differance in feel over their singles, unless you are full on racing the car and we have not tested them in race conditions yet. i think their singles would be the way to go. the tripples are really Cool tho.
we had singles on the Nova for Optima and RTTC2 you should look up the results.

The thing that caught my interest was the fast and slow compression adjustments and their apparent ability to deal with potholes etc. I live in a rural area where the roads are relatively rough and I find that my Varishocks are not very effective in these conditions. They hit pretty hard with a loud bang. I think the preload has something to do with this but I have no way of verifying it. The Varishocks are great on smooth pavement.

Vegas69
07-05-2011, 07:59 AM
Don, Do you have single or dual adjustables now?

dhutton
07-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Hey Todd, they are single. What do you have?

Vegas69
07-05-2011, 08:23 AM
I have the same shocks. I've been kicking around swapping mine as well. Mainly for the drag racing and 0-100-0 events. The varishocks are a strange length so I'll likely go to their dual adjustable unless I want to redesign my shock plates for the proper shock travel. I run my varishocks at position 1 on the street now.

dhutton
07-05-2011, 08:42 AM
I have the same shocks. I've been kicking around swapping mine as well. Mainly for the drag racing and 0-100-0 events. The varishocks are a strange length so I'll likely go to their dual adjustable unless I want to redesign my shock plates for the proper shock travel. I run my varishocks at position 1 on the street now.

I think this Ridetech size is a close match to the G-Bar Varishock:

5.2 stroke 11.225 compressed length 16.425 extended length 10 in spring recommended

I just need to find out if the poly bushings can be used.

Vegas69
07-05-2011, 09:02 AM
The Varishock is a 16.1 extended with 5.15 of available travel. That nets 10.95 at full compression. That nearly .25 would likely bottom me out in extreme conditions. Not the end of the world but I'd prefer to never bottom them out and have the shock at 50/50 compression/rebound. If you have .25 left on your orings, you are good to go.

dhutton
07-05-2011, 09:16 AM
I have the opposite problem. My Varishocks are a little too short at my ride height. Thanks to David Pozzi I just found a way to lower my front ride height using helper springs so I am going to try that (issue was front ride height was too high with no preload and I didn't want to reduce the rate). Once I lower the front I can lower the rear a little to even things out. I can't go too low though due to the roads here.

Vegas69
07-05-2011, 03:05 PM
You'll be fine then..... Let us know what you think.