PDA

View Full Version : bushings, poly vs. rubber?

DartorDemon
06-30-2011, 02:36 PM
I need to rebuild my car's front suspension asap. However, i've read several articles and heard from several people that polyurethane bushings sqeak a lot.

So what should i go with?

The price difference is massive, through rockauto i can get the rubber bushings + my balljoints for about 90-120 bucks. versus poly @ 150$ for the bushings plus the cost of 4 balljoints.

analyte
06-30-2011, 03:04 PM
When I ordered my suspension parts from SC&C, Mark recommended I use poly with the Hellwig sway bar and rubber on the lower control arms. For the upper, I used the SPC arms with the greaseable joints.

Instead of poly, the only other option I would consider for the front control arms is the Global West Del-a-lum bushings. They are far superior to either rubber or poly.

Kerry

DartorDemon
06-30-2011, 03:17 PM
When I ordered my suspension parts from SC&C, Mark recommended I use poly with the Hellwig sway bar and rubber on the lower control arms. For the upper, I used the SPC arms with the greaseable joints.

Instead of poly, the only other option I would consider for the front control arms is the Global West Del-a-lum bushings. They are far superior to either rubber or poly.

Kerry

unfortunately, global west doesnt make much for mopar. So those Del-a-lum bushings are out.

Ron.in.SoCal
06-30-2011, 04:17 PM
This vid cracks me up --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwlofW23Jyk

critter
06-30-2011, 04:54 PM
And I did it with a straight face. :)

NOT A TA
06-30-2011, 05:05 PM
I couldn't have done it with a straight face!

Polyurethane and Polygraphite are different?

DartorDemon
06-30-2011, 05:11 PM
And I did it with a straight face. :)

BS, you cracked a smile at during the LCA movement!. :P

anyhow, so i guess rubber is the way to go. lol

critter
06-30-2011, 05:55 PM
The polygraphite were supposed to be infused with graphite to quiet the squeaks. Sales gimmick, as I found out.

DD, yeah, at the end. Sure sounded a lot like my grandma's old bed...

shep
06-30-2011, 06:23 PM
I'd run and hide if I heard that coming from my grandma's room.

DartorDemon
06-30-2011, 06:59 PM
I'd run and hide if I heard that coming from my grandma's room.

well you know they say that the retirement homes have a high instance of that sqeaking....

piratebaseball
06-30-2011, 08:09 PM
delrin bushings...not sure if the spelling is correct but they are firm and stiff without the squek.

DartorDemon
06-30-2011, 10:08 PM
delrin bushings...not sure if the spelling is correct but they are firm and stiff without the squek.

well, unfortunately no one makes a delrin bushing kit for my car.

So i made a decision to do a stock rebuild through rockauto.

SLO_Z28
06-30-2011, 10:22 PM
well, unfortunately no one makes a delrin bushing kit for my car.

So i made a decision to do a stock rebuild through rockauto.

Good call. They will hold you over nicely until you step up the a full suspension kit.