PDA

View Full Version : 79 firebird 4 link

bhcustomdesigns
06-22-2011, 06:07 PM
I am getting ready to do a suspension upgrade on my 79 firebird its going to be mini tubbed I am going to keep the original rearend housing in it.Was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what would be the best 4 link set up for the car this is my first 2 gen build so i dont know to much on the suspension on the 2 gens I want to try to get a 335 tire on the rear to.The car is going to be run hard so i would like somehthing thats goin to perform well on the track as well as the street any ideas would be appreciated.

srh3trinity
06-22-2011, 10:01 PM
What is your budget? That will help people make recommendations. What is your skill set/what tools do you have? The DSE Quadralink does well at a lot of events and I am pretty sure you can get a 335 wheel with a mini tub with that setup. There are several newer Torque Arm options that are popping up from BMR, Jakes, Speed Tech. The G-bar/Prodigy Bar has been a popular offering.

Randy67
06-23-2011, 05:40 AM
The new torque arm setups are pretty impressive. Some are bolt-ins which is nice if you don't want to cut the car up too much. Quadralink is a good option as well. Either style will let you drive it on the street and track it as well.

bret
06-23-2011, 05:56 AM
Available with ShockWaves or coilovers...http://www.ridetech.com/store/suspension-components/airbar/1970-1981-chevy-camaro-firebird-airbar-system.html

Bolt in [or you can weld it in if you like] under the oem floorpan. It will clear the DSE minitubs.

bhcustomdesigns
06-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Thanks for some of the ideas as far as installing a setup that requires alot of fab work and welding I dont mind cause autobody/fab is what I do by trade but i have been checking out the set up from ridetech looks like its a pretty easy install to.

BMR Tech
11-03-2011, 11:36 AM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/11/TAS006_large-1.jpg

-The only leaf spring conversion that is a 100% bolt-in design with no welding or fabrication required

-Billet Watts link locating device comes standard

-Multiple rear end fitments available (10 bolt, 12 bolt, Ford 9")

-Adjustable pinion angle, ride height, anti-squat, and roll center

MuscleRodz
11-05-2011, 12:27 PM
We installed a quadralink in a 79 Formula and ride and control is very comparable to a c6 corvette. 335 will fit, but run slightly more backspace than a camaro. due to different quarter shapes. I would suggest swapping the rear out since you mentioned running it hard to a more durable setup than the stock bop 10 bolt rear.

Randy67
11-07-2011, 09:10 AM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/11/TAS006_large-1.jpg

-The only leaf spring conversion that is a 100% bolt-in design with no welding or fabrication required

-Billet Watts link locating device comes standard

-Multiple rear end fitments available (10 bolt, 12 bolt, Ford 9")

-Adjustable pinion angle, ride height, anti-squat, and roll center

If I ever do another F-body, this is what I want to go with. Sweet setup.

brownz
11-07-2011, 06:33 PM
I went with the ride tech 4-link I think its a great product!! also it clears the 335 tire without cutting the front pocket, they have the off set front bars that let you do this