PDA

View Full Version : msd 6530 6al2 programmable digital

SD455
06-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Anyone have any experience with this programmable MSD? I bought one,and am now having second thoughts. I have a 10 year old Crane HI6 that works fine,but I need to limit total timing now to 30degrees,and want 16-18 initial. Just doesnt work with the current HEI,so I thought the programmable box would allow me to dial in exactly what I want with a 10degree start retard which is a nice option.

The downside is no vacuum advance,and this is a primarily street driven car.

Am I on the right track,or should I send my distributor off and have it set up for the combo and leave it alone?

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Thanks

SD455
06-21-2011, 10:20 PM
Anyone have any experience with this ? Distributor gurus?

Mr Nick
03-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm curious if you went with the 6530? I just installed one, and plan on playing with the computer controlled curve this weekend.

(PM sent as well in case you're not subscribed to the thread)

David Pozzi
03-25-2013, 09:43 PM
Just remember it only retards, no advance. A MAP Sensor must be purchased & installed to enable vacuum retard.
The MAP calibrations are all in PSIA - Absolute pressure, 15 PSIA = sea level assuming no supercharger. Any normally aspirated Vac retard curve will show more degrees retard on the right side of the chart. A mirror image of the regular retard curve.