PDA

View Full Version : Mopar Suspension - AlterKtion

Mommy Wagon
06-15-2011, 04:35 AM
AlterKtion - True Pro-Touring Suspension
I am curious as to the ride height and capabilities of the AlterKtion front end suspension/k-member system.

My 1969 Dart will be built as a extremely capable street car, that may/could be involved in track days.

I am VERY interested in the AlterKtion system for the front end, but I am curious as to the available options. The problem with every single tubular coil over package available for Mopar units today is it is a generic replacement, not an intended use built system.

Hopefully if the week slows down fo me I will have a chance to call Bill and have a geometry and purpose discussion for his system, and he may have insight as to my application specifically.

I was looking at possibly going to use the AlterKation complete manual steering package, and removing the spindle, springs, and upper arms when the kit arrived. Then utilizing the Magnumforce 2" lowered spindles, heavier springs on th coil overs, and Hotckis upper arms. Then redrilling the lower arm mounts 1 1/2" higher, and building a 1 1/2" spacer to raise the upper control arm mounts. This type of build may also require the replacement to shorter coil over shocks, as this type of lowering on the supplies coil over could only leave 2" of travel.

This was to be able to correctly lower the front suspension 4" to maintain correct geometry.

Since this the AlterKtion system is a standardized kit, just using a heavier spring and lowering the front end by coil compression height will greatly reduce the effectiveness of the front suspension. This will take the angles of the upper and lower control arms and scew them in relation to each other. This is defiantly not conducive to a "Canyon Carver" suspension.

Has anyone modified the AlterKtion system, or requested the manufacture of a "Pro-Touring" specific front end build?

Any suspension gurus please chime in...............

rrunner68
06-15-2011, 05:30 AM
Just as an FYI, he uses a Mustang II front spindle, not a Mopar one.

wellis77
06-15-2011, 10:37 AM
I added some feedback to the thread you have on FABO, no sense in repeating it.