PDA

View Full Version : Power Tour Muskegon?

JMitch19
06-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Just wondering where everyone is staying/ leaving Muskegon from to head to Metro Beach. I planned on joining Power Tour in Indy, but work got to busy for me to sneak off for 3 days. I'd like to meet up with some members for the drive to dtown if possible.

Thanks

Magntik
06-06-2011, 05:46 PM
We are staying at the Super 8 in Whitehall. Couldn't find anything closer, waited to long to book I guess.
Hope it's no roach motel. LOL

We just pulled in to Nashville a day ahead of the Tour. 10 hour drive from Eastern Iowa. Far enough for me.
And it takes even longer when Google maps sends you through St. Louis. I guy can't go through St. Louis without a Tour of the home of the King of Beers!!

JMitch19
06-06-2011, 06:24 PM
We are staying at the Super 8 in Whitehall. Couldn't find anything closer, waited to long to book I guess.
Hope it's no roach motel. LOL

We just pulled in to Nashville a day ahead of the Tour. 10 hour drive from Eastern Iowa. Far enough for me.
And it takes even longer when Google maps sends you through St. Louis. I guy can't go through St. Louis without a Tour of the home of the King of Beers!!

Wow, surprised that was as close as you could get. I live about 45 minutes to an hour south of Muskegon. I thought it was pretty cool that Power tour and the Motor State Challenge were going to be so close to home for me. Then I got a save the date for a friends wedding the same weekend as Motor State and work is to busy to do as much of Power Tour as I would have liked... Oh well, there is always next year.

I've never been on Power tour before. Does everyone Just leave their hotel whenever they please and head to the next stop?

Magntik
06-06-2011, 08:23 PM
This is our 2nd( for me) 3rd(for my buddy) time. In '09 we did the whole thing. We got up and to the venue by 7:30 -8:00am, for a drivers meeting, they tell you about road construction, tell you not to look at the camera or give thumbs up if they are taking pictures, and daily "stuff" but mostly it's just to gather people. Some days it wasn't much. Then it's single file out so you WAIT. By the end of the week we hung around at the Hotel, or went and got a decent breakfast and then headed out on the route to the next venue. We always seem to be driving with other PT'ers so we couldn't have been the only ones not going to the drivers meeting. LOL Last year it started in Iowa and I had carb issues at the kick off and ended up not going any farther, but my buddies went and repeated the activity from '09 and had a blast.

A little advice as I sit in the hotel room on my laptop....spend a few extra dollars for a clean room! I am seriously thinking of sleeping in the parking lot next to the car, it's got to be cleaner then the mattress and bathroom.
It's good thing my wife isn't here or I'd be looking for a different hotel room.

JMitch19
06-06-2011, 08:42 PM
lol, could be worse. You'll be enjoying your car tomorrow and I'll be sitting at work thinking about driving mine.

have fun

CRead01
06-07-2011, 05:14 PM
I'm glad they are stopping in muskegon this year. I always wanted to go on the power tour but never had a chance. I only live about a 1/2 hour away so I gotta go check it out.