PDA

View Full Version : Nashville RTMC, A Godfockers Lesson

Cuzidid
06-06-2011, 02:46 AM
I must agree RTMC was a terrific event. A huge thank you to Albert, Brian, Mark, Mr. Bangshift, and the awesome sponsors...we simply could not have enjoyed visiting such a great complex if it was not for the sponsors, volunteers and the passion all attendees have for the Pro-Touring movement.

After reflecting upon the event at RTMC, I wanted to publicly thank my Godfather of Pro-Touring, Mr. Bill Howell for growing my increasing addiction to the Pro-Touring culture. If it was not for meeting Bill a couple of years ago at RTTH, my wife Terri and I may still be sitting at local car shows staring at our atomic orange 67 Camaro. Who knows we may have become addicted to wine and cheese, accumulated meaningless trophies, displayed do not touch signs; and of course, had a picture of our Camaro printed on our pink matching T-shirts. Mr. Godfocker you are clearly one of those that have welcomed me into the Pro-Touring movement and introduced me to a wealth of Pro-Touring enthusiasts.

A couple of lessons my Godfather taught me this weekend is that we all are very competitive by nature, but we must all follow the basic rules…#1 rule is to be sure you are running 200 plus tread wear tires; especially if you plan on competing in the “shootout” or you want to be a top contender. And secondly, it’s all about doing the best you can with your car, and lastly, having a great time with our Pro-Touring family.

Again, thank you Mr. Godfocker for helping fuel my passion for this movement called Pro-Touring!

Brad Granger

Yelcamino
06-06-2011, 03:55 AM
Welcome to the fold Brad. Be forewarned, once you're in, you can never get out! lol

wiedemab
06-06-2011, 04:44 AM
I'm glad you aren't just sitting at shows with your car - -- - - I love hearing that thing rip around the track! It just sounds pissed off!!!

It was good to see you as always.

Brandon

dropit69
06-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Love your car Brad ...its doing what it was built to do ..drive hard ..

Bad94
06-06-2011, 08:24 AM
I got to meet brad and terri, 2 years ago at RTTH's when he broke a rear brake line, my brother and myself helped brad get the car fixed.

Both of them are great people and are willing to go out of there way for anyone.

And now brad how many events have you been to with your car and had less then 200 treadwear? I would have thought that you would have got the picture by now. LOL.

And guys watch out cause once brad gets his car figured out, his is going to be the man, His not scared to throw his car around.

protouring70
06-06-2011, 03:14 PM
You just wait till he figures out how to get some good seat belts. He is still running his original ones! If he was planted in his seat then he could focus more on his driving!

68redcamaro
06-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Hey Brad, It was great to see you there at RTMC.

We both got our start (addiction) with Pro-Touing events at RTTH's two years ago.

That was the most fun I have had with my car when we were on the road course at RTMC racing each other and passing back and forth. We had a great group out there at the time that was pushing every last bit out of us and our cars. And you did very well out there!

I am looking forward to see what all you have planned for the car the next time I see it......... because we know it will be getting some new rear tires soon ;-)

Terry

Bill Howell
06-06-2011, 08:16 PM
LOL Brad, you have spent too much time around my wife.....
Heck, if you had 200TW tires you would have booted me out of the shoot out. I love the camaro. See you at another event soon, glad I could be part of hooking another one...haha

tazzz25906112
06-07-2011, 05:29 AM
LOL Bill,,,, you've been know to hook a few and Brad and Terri are a great example of great people embracing the social side of our beloved game... Thrashing with great people is just way too much fun and surely is a wholesome pure addiction ;-)...

Brad, Terri,,,, just remember the Apple juice is on the Godfocker at Motorstate,,, but be careful as you know he'll try and trick you out of the top ten with that sweetness ;-0 ROFLMAO....