PDA

View Full Version : Speedtech sway bar

wickdss
06-05-2011, 05:35 PM
I feel like a complete idiot asking this question, but for the life of me I cant figure it out. What are the pivot mounts,four bolts, and four snap rings for??? Cant I just use the new bushings and end links to install this thing. Maybe some pics would help me. This is a 69 Camaro with a stock sub.

Thanks
Troy

killer69
06-06-2011, 06:44 AM
here is a picture of the sway bar installed.
how big are the snap rings? the sway bar does not have snap rings in the kit.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/03/Chicane3-1.jpg

wickdss
06-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Here is the hardware im speaking of

Thanks
Troy

David Pozzi
06-06-2011, 10:03 PM
That's a kit for a coil over shock lower mounting. The snap rings hold the shafts centered in the shock.
Any Camaro end link kit will work if it has poly bushings.
David

MrQuick
06-06-2011, 10:09 PM
sounds like someone is having fun with you troy. LOL

Now the real question is "are your end links holding you coil overs on?"

Project looks kickass btw. I wanna do a white Camaro now.

killer69
06-07-2011, 07:26 AM
we may have put the T Bars in the sway bar package to sane some shipping charges, rathe that charcing you for a second package. but yea those are for the lower shock mounts. how then did you mount the bottom of the shocks to the control arms in your other post???

wickdss
06-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Lol.....Well my chicane brackets and coil overs came with 4 of the black metal bushings that fit into the shock held in by snap rings. Im using the bushings to mount the top of the coil over to the ATS bracket, and then im using the other bushings on the bottom of the shock along with the threaded ATS brackets that bolt to the lower A-arm??????? What the hell did I do wrong.........lol

Why would I not get the mounting hardware with my Chicane kit? I had my Chicane kit 3-4 weeks before my sway bar.

Thanks
Troy