PDA

View Full Version : Heidts spindle hub options

vette427-sbc
06-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Currently, my fathers 55 Chevy has Heidts drop spindles with (I think) G-body brakes. The rotor and the hub are one piece, and it uses the metric single piston caliper. I just convinced him to get an LS1 rear brake setup, so I would like to match it with C5 brakes up front.
Will hubs (that do not have the rotor attached) from another car fit these spindles? Or are there aftermarket hubs that would fit?
The biggest concern is the offset that sets the wheel track-width. The car is pretty low and will rub if the tires get pushed out any further.

I think wilwood has a hub, but it would push the wheel too far out.

Pic for fun:
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/06/DSCF1236-1.jpg

COPO-RAT
06-16-2011, 03:28 PM
I can't answer your question, but I can tell you to contact Tobin at Kore3. I would bet (a lot of money), that he knows the answer.......and he is super informative and helpful. He is a member here as well.

Ron.in.SoCal
06-16-2011, 07:03 PM
^ Code name: Apogee

vette427-sbc
06-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Thanks guys... I have found out that there are no hubs for the Heidts spindle that will pull the track width in. We're going to try to use an Earl Williams 3" drop spindle in combination with another manufacturers hub. If it works it should pull the wheels in 1/2". We should be able to drop the car about 1/2" more as well.

Both Tobin and Earl Williams have TOP NOTCH customer service. I wasnt even going to buy anything from Tobin, yet he still set me in the right direction to get my rear LS1 brakes figured out. And Earl Williams spent LOTS of time discussing spindle and hub options with my father. :cheers::1st: