PDA

View Full Version : Problem with DSE drop leafs and lower springs

shox987
06-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Installed DSE 3" lowering leafs in rear and 2"in lowering springs in front on my
1967 camaro I also installed a set of koni shocks. My problem is the parts don't work
The car sits pretty much level i took measurements from the rocker panel to the ground and the front is 10" and the rear 10.5". I know a guy that bought the 2" drop leaf for a 68 and the rear measures 8.5 from the rocker panel to ground

Why do these parts not work? are the parts are faulty ?

MuscleRodz
06-02-2011, 09:28 PM
What does not work? Have you driven the car yet? It will settle with a few miles on it. Did your buddy buy DSE parts or different mfg?

MyFriendScott
06-03-2011, 04:09 AM
Some things to consider:
1. The person who owned the car before you might have already had lowered springs/leafs on the car.
2. Did you measure the car height before installation or just after?
3. The "I know a guy" might have had a combination of different tire diameter, a not "just installed" lowering spring, and a variation in how/where he measured exactly.
4. Did you tighten up all the bolts before lowering the car onto it's own weight? That would have been the wrong thing to do.

Recheck the part numbers you ordered versus what's stamped/stickered on what you just installed. If that checks out, drive the car around, give it a few days to settle. Maybe loosen and retighten the bolts while the car is resting on its own weight. Then remeasure. If you have a height measurement before you installed, then you'd have a better idea of just how much drop you gained.

Vicinity
06-03-2011, 05:04 AM
Push down on the front of the car, it'll settle down.

EDIT: Did the guy you bought them from have a small block or big block car?

CarlC
06-03-2011, 06:11 AM
Is the car at full weight?

MuscleRodz
06-03-2011, 08:25 AM
did you tighten the bolts with suspension loaded, or up on jack stands?

BigVin
06-04-2011, 02:01 AM
A guy with a nicely lowered car will have a garage full of springs it's a crap shoot.