PDA

View Full Version : Max-Fire or E-Fire owners. Urgent help needed.

KlartDer
04-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Hi guys.

Hoping that someone can help me out with my MaxFire dizzy. I accidentally tripped over the coms cable while making some adjustments, and the solder points were ripped apart (between the serial connector and 4 pin connector). For some reason, Mallory wouldn't tell me which cables connect to each other, but they did propose to send out a new cable!?

Well, it's quite far from US to DK, and I really want to have the car running while the weather is good over here, so I was wondering if any of you Max-Fire or E-Fire owners could check with an ohm meter or similar, which coloured cables connect to which pins in the serial connector? Then I'll just solder the cables together myself :)

Thanks in advance,
Jakob

KlartDer
04-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Solution provided by teyerdhal at Ford Muscle Forums. Here is the link for future reference: http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/all-ford-techboard/503335-max-fire-e-fire-owners-urgent-help-needed.html :cheers:

John Wright
04-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Wow, they wouldn't give out the pinout combination to their customer?..glad someone was able to help you out. Thanks for the link.