PDA

View Full Version : quality and finish opinions wanted: boyd versus rushforth

dcrider69
04-20-2011, 05:02 PM
What is your opinions on quality of wheel and finish quality of each? Is either better than the other?

buickfunnycar.com
04-21-2011, 06:53 AM
Not much experience with Boyd's wheels but I believe those are made off-shore.

I have a set of Rushforth wheels and I can tell you they are top-quality pieces,mine are finished in full smoked titanium and they still look as good today as the day I mounted them.

Having trouble (again) with photobucket or else I'd post some pictures...heck,everyone knows what my car looks like,lol.

jjordan
04-21-2011, 07:12 AM
Since when is Anaheim off-shore? Don't get us confused with the American Racing line of Boyd Coddington wheels. Those were cast in the Orient and assembled in California. American Racing went out of business, WheelPros bought the remains and decided to discontinue the line (thank goodness!) Genuine Boyds is the remains of the old Boyd Coddington wheel company owned and operated by Boyd Jr.

DriverzInc
04-21-2011, 03:02 PM
Both are completely different style of wheels, but when comparing Boyd's forged billet wheel to Rushforth, I think they are on par with each other.

youthpastor
04-21-2011, 09:10 PM
I have a shop full of Rushforth equipped wheels, I'm very happy with the quality and finish.