PDA

View Full Version : carbon fiber driveshafts....

AUTODYNAMICS
04-14-2011, 01:41 AM
I recently bought and installed a carbon fiber Driveshaft for my 69 charger and honestly couldn't be happier. I felt with Frank from The Driveshaft Shop in NC. From start to finish it was a painless experience. I spoke to Frank whether we could have a group buy on the shafts and he agreed to put together a package for us. Would anyone be interested? Mine had a billet yolk from strange and 1350 . I will post some pics. About 40% weight savings seat in the pants difference and overall better driveline harmony. I'm not a salesman just an enthusiast so I can't answer any really technical questions. However Frank can pop by here and answer them for you guys... here are some pics from the install. Sorry for pic quality damn smart phones..lol
Pete

AUTODYNAMICS
04-14-2011, 01:50 AM
Some pics more to follow

Bryce
04-14-2011, 06:22 AM
cool, I might be interested.

How well do these hold up to the impulse loads of drag racing and launching on slicks at 5300 rpm?

ChevelleNV
04-14-2011, 06:27 AM
Nice....I might also be interested. I'm gonna be needing one here shortly. About ready to mock up the engine and trans (well as soon as the trans gets here)

BonzoHansen
04-14-2011, 07:18 AM
how well do they hold up to being hit by road debris?

hectore3
04-14-2011, 07:31 AM
Would like to eventually step up to a carbon fiber shaft also. But my concerns in regards to road debris,cost versus steel/aluminum, and what's the torque/horsepower rating? Going to suscribe to this thread. Congratulations on your new driveshaft it looks stupendous!