PDA

View Full Version : Pleasanton drive up the coast--So Cal to Nor Cal--first weekend in June

DFRESH
03-26-2011, 09:54 PM
We did this last year---was a great trip. We had somewhere between 7 to 9 cars during the drive up the coast from So Cal to Nor Cal---one of the best road trips so far. We take 405 to 10 and end up on Hwy 1 (Pacific Coast Hwy) for approx an hour, then jump to 101 around Oxnard--head to Cris's shop (JCG) and then back on the 101 through Pismo and up to Pleasanton. It's a great drive there--then we ran the auto X Sat, Sun--then headed back Sun afternoon. I'm up for staying through Sunday and coming back Monday--but will play that by ear. Wanted to get an idea of who would like to make the road trip again this year. You guys from Nor Cal, we will be stopping at Jardines (not sure of spelling) in San Juan Baptista (pretty sure that's where it's located) and hope to meet several of you guys there for dinner (around 5) and then cruise the rest of the way from there. Lot's of you asked this year for an early warning to start making plans, so here it is. If you'd like to join up with us, let me know here in the thread. Here's some pics from last year's trip.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/06/PleasantonTrip2010039-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/06/PleasantonTrip2010014-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/06/PleasantonTrip2010023-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/06/PleasantonTrip2010009-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/03/PleasantonGGHwy14-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/03/PleasantonGG3-1.jpg

Chad-1stGen
03-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Almost missed the date thanks to the new site format. Still annoying that it cuts off long thread names when perusing new posts.

Anyhow to anyone thinking about this, it was a lot of fun last year! The first weekend in June is also when my little sister is graduating from high school so while I will be in the bay area I won't be able to attend :(

THE TECH
03-28-2011, 04:58 PM
Sounds like a good time.

DFRESH
03-28-2011, 06:58 PM
Almost missed the date thanks to the new site format. Still annoying that it cuts off long thread names when perusing new posts.

Anyhow to anyone thinking about this, it was a lot of fun last year! The first weekend in June is also when my little sister is graduating from high school so while I will be in the bay area I won't be able to attend :(

Dude, that bites. Was really hoping you would make it again this year. Road Course instead it looks like for us.

Doug

rrunner68
03-28-2011, 08:00 PM
So we can assume that this is for the June Peasanton Good Guys?

CarlC
03-28-2011, 08:03 PM
Doug, you know that's not my favorite picture from that trip.

I'm pencilling in that weekend.

Flash68
03-28-2011, 09:24 PM
So we can assume that this is for the June Peasanton Good Guys?

Yes! June 4-5. Dan, bring that big bird!

rrunner68
03-29-2011, 06:07 AM
Drew and I were already talking about going up, so I think we just need to change our route!

DFRESH
03-29-2011, 05:02 PM
Dude, read the title of the thead again---I know you don't own a Camaro--but come on---LOL.

Yes, first weekend of June 3,4 & 5th--Pleasanton Good Guys--we will go up 405 to Santa Monica--jump on the 1 then onto the 101 for the remainder of the trip. It was really fun last year---would be great to have you join us Dan. We need something other than Camaro's.

Doug

DFRESH
03-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Doug, you know that's not my favorite picture from that trip.

I'm pencilling in that weekend.

Sorry---here it is--Carl's favorite pic --and mine also--from the trip;

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/06/PleasantonTrip2010025-1.jpg

This was before Carl was used to being photographed all the time, pre-TV stardom, and prior to his VaporVerks (German subsidiary) empire days. You can see his disdain for the camera in his early years---

LOL

Happy you are going to make it brother---

Doug

DFRESH
03-29-2011, 07:24 PM
Here's a couple of other favs from the trip---

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/03/PleasantonGGHwy1-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/03/PleasantonGGHwy13-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/05/DSC_0146-1.jpg

rrunner68
03-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Talked to Drew, and it looks like we are in baby!

67 ls1 vert
03-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Hey Doug... it's been a while since I talked to you. I was the guy you met up with in Del Mar last year and bought your old wheels and tires.
Looks like a good time I would like to try to make it if you guys don't mind? I have my car in a million pieces so I better get going. Gives me something to shoot for.
Kind of hard to get it done with other projects that have priority's.

DFRESH
03-30-2011, 10:30 AM
Hey Doug... it's been a while since I talked to you. I was the guy you met up with in Del Mar last year and bought your old wheels and tires.
Looks like a good time I would like to try to make it if you guys don't mind? I have my car in a million pieces so I better get going. Gives me something to shoot for.
Kind of hard to get it done with other projects that have priority's.

That is great bro---you need to come on this trip--it is a great one for sure. Are you going to be out at Del Mar this weekend? We will be planted over at the Auto X---make sure you wander over that way if you are attending the show. What's left on your ride? You sold the blower right?

tazzz25906112
03-30-2011, 11:40 AM
You know the White 72RS is over at Mary's and I might just have to join you on this little cruise (Or at least the tail end) if the car is still in Calli by then Doug.... I think it'd be a blast tearing up some roads with ya Pal,,,, who knows maybe I can muster up some Elvis juice for the trip buddy ;-)

DFRESH
03-30-2011, 01:39 PM
You know the White 72RS is over at Mary's and I might just have to join you on this little cruise (Or at least the tail end) if the car is still in Calli by then Doug.... I think it'd be a blast tearing up some roads with ya Pal,,,, who knows maybe I can muster up some Elvis juice for the trip buddy ;-)

Seriously? Man, that would be best! So it's in Nor Cal right now? You could meet us for dinner then on that Friday--that would be great---and about that Elvis juice, I call it Head Rub now.

tazzz25906112
03-30-2011, 07:23 PM
LOL you bet Doug,,,, you've earned the right to call it anything you want buddy,,, who knows maybe we could call it something else after another night of sipping ;-)....I'll ear mark the dates and do my best to attend buddy (a very high probability I'll haunt you)....

67 ls1 vert
03-30-2011, 07:41 PM
Doug... Yeah, I'll be at the GG's show this weekend. I will be over at the AC most of the time for sure since I'm building my car geared towards it. Are you going to run your car in it this year?

Yes I sold the KB a while ago. Now I am going with an F-2 blow through. Something a little different. I guess I wont be stealthy with all the noise that thing will make.

SLO_Z28
05-12-2011, 09:22 PM
What day are you guys heading up?

Matt@BOS
05-13-2011, 10:49 AM
What day are you guys heading up?

Friday, June 3rd. I think.

Matt

SLO_Z28
05-13-2011, 07:33 PM
So the plan is 17:00 Hours at Cris' shop then head up from there? I plan on going to this event and driving up.

Goodguy Ed
05-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Goodguys Update,
Just for you guys we have moved the AutoCross coarse to the larger area that we do this in November. We will be able to do a longer track and give extra area for the pits.

Glad to see you guys doing a cruise from So-Cal to Goodguys. Let me know about these a head of time and we can do a little PR to help with getting guys to ride along with you.

Thanks Goodguy Ed

mpozzi
05-16-2011, 02:10 PM
As I'm already in Northern Cali, I'll definitely meet everyone at Jardine's de San Juan in San Juan Bautista. Give me a head count and approximate time so I can let the restaurant know.

Mary Pozzi

dogz67chevelle
05-16-2011, 07:31 PM
As I'm already in Northern Cali, I'll definitely meet everyone at Jardine's de San Juan in San Juan Bautista. Give me a head count and approximate time so I can let the restaurant know.

Mary Pozzi

I'm in for din din at Jardines. Yummy buckets!

deanna

Rod
05-16-2011, 08:31 PM
ROAD TRIP!!! sounds fun, you guys mind another Camaro tag along? I would gladly drive down, get some eats and convoy back!!

73CPCAMARO
05-16-2011, 08:46 PM
Thank you!

Goodguys Update,
Just for you guys we have moved the AutoCross coarse to the larger area that we do this in November. We will be able to do a longer track and give extra area for the pits.

Glad to see you guys doing a cruise from So-Cal to Goodguys. Let me know about these a head of time and we can do a little PR to help with getting guys to ride along with you.

Thanks Goodguy Ed

Matt@BOS
05-17-2011, 08:34 AM
So the plan is 17:00 Hours at Cris' shop then head up from there? I plan on going to this event and driving up.

I think we'd want to leave earlier than that...

Matt

Chad-1stGen
05-17-2011, 08:47 AM
Last year we hit Chris's shot up around 11:00am. Hung out there maybe 2 hours? If you guys want to hit Jardine's you definitely want to move up the time a lot from 17:00.

Here is the post from last year:
https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?68664-Road-trip-to-Pleasanton-GG-show-who-s-going&highlight=pleasanton+drive+up+the+coast

To see the fun you are for the pics start on page 7. Lots of cool shots.

mpozzi
05-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Plan on a 5 hour trip from Oxnard to San Juan Bautista and that's taking the Pass and not stopping for fuel stops. If dinner's at six ... recommend you all leave around 12:30 at the latest. Getting to Cris' shop around 11ish will still give everyone time to see his projects and have a good time there. He's got some cool stuff in the works ...

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

Flash68
05-17-2011, 10:13 AM
I would def come down and meet ya'all for dinner but that night is my gf's birthday dinner.... probably better not skip that. LOL

Cris@JCG
05-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Looking forward to the visit guys! just let me know when you guys will be arriving.. So that I can get some pizza's on order for you guys!! Just a little snack till you hit dinner & drinks!! LOL

DFRESH
05-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Matt, are you going to have an open passenger seat this year, or is your Pops going?

MrQuick
05-17-2011, 08:26 PM
somebody say Jardine's??? can't wait till nevember

Bryce
05-17-2011, 08:56 PM
Anyone need a copilot? I will not have enough testing done on my car to make the drive.

Matt@BOS
05-18-2011, 08:25 AM
Matt, are you going to have an open passenger seat this year, or is your Pops going?

I think he is pretty set on going, especially considering how much fun we had last year. If I remember right, Pleasanton is an all years show. That would let my dad and I take one of our "back up Mustangs" to the show. If we took two cars that would make space for you and Bryce!

Matt

RobNoLimit
05-18-2011, 11:19 AM
OK, i think we're in, Mike Sullivan going along in our 72 chev. where is the meeting point?

Goodguy Ed
05-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Rob, You need to get a Vendor booth so you can run in the Vendor class!!

Come on you can sell some stuff and have fun driving?

Goodguy Ed :)

67zo6Camaro
05-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Sweet, streeting the truck or behind the RV. I'm trailering this time, but plan to follow up the same route. I may be to slow for the group. I might also just to the 5 to 580.

Whats your plan of attack?

Brett

OK, i think we're in, Mike Sullivan going along in our 72 chev. where is the meeting point?

SLO_Z28
05-18-2011, 04:07 PM
I think we'd want to leave earlier than that...

Matt

yeah that was my plan lol! Im definitly going to GG, just want to know when yall are leaving hitting up Cris' place. I live like a half mile away so I think I could swing that way!.

bosses son
05-19-2011, 10:27 AM
You guys are still planning to head up the 101 through Paso Robles right? I would love to join up with you guys and if you wanted a shop tour we are only 5 miles off the 101 in Templeton. I also had a cool idea to head off the beaten path and take HW 25 which is a killer twisty road that is only 3 miles longer than the 101 to Jardine's.

RobNoLimit
05-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Sweet, streeting the truck or behind the RV. I'm trailering this time, but plan to follow up the same route. I may be to slow for the group. I might also just to the 5 to 580.

Whats your plan of attack?

Brett

We are towing up in the RV, Mike Sulivan is going to drive out J.T. (green 72 chev p/u) up with the group. We will probably do the 5 to 580, or the 99 to 580.

GregWeld
05-22-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm going to drive down from Seattle... so won't make Jardines.... That's WAY out of my way.:drive2:

I have to stop in Portland to grab the roadster... then it's a day and a half drive. So will see you all Saturday AM.

GregWeld
05-25-2011, 02:30 PM
OKAY -- I also posted this up at LAT G

I made a dinner reservation for 15 people - - HAPS ORIGINAL STEAKHOUSE - Pleasanton

http://www.hapsoriginal.com/

SATURDAY 7 PM

We already have confirmed for:

ME
Pierre
Dave G
Rich B
Brett
All the NEWMAN clan (5?)
Mike P
Matt A and Dad

So if you want to join us -- please PM or email me or someone so that if we need to bump up the numbers we can. Please do this ASAP

bosses son
05-25-2011, 09:02 PM
4 of us for sure, hopefully five! im sure we will have some stragglers....

mdprovee
05-26-2011, 08:03 AM
I plan on trying to see you guys at the show, then definately dinner. Sounds fun.

67zo6Camaro
05-26-2011, 08:50 AM
Yep, count me in. I will be driving up on Fri am, Hopefully with the group. I will have some trailer space for stuff.. if any one wants me to carry it. PM me or email me at [email protected]

bosses son
05-27-2011, 02:56 PM
OK so who is going to make the drive up on friday? Trying to get a head count.

SLO_Z28
05-27-2011, 03:09 PM
What time are you planning on getting to Cris' place? That will determine if im in or not.

rrunner68
05-27-2011, 07:39 PM
I'm out, movers that were supposed to come today aren't coming until the day before the drive up.

67zo6Camaro
05-27-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm planning on driving up with the group as a chase vehicle.

Matt@BOS
05-27-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm planning on driving up with the group as a chase vehicle.

Are you driving up with the One Legged Jihadist?

Matt

67zo6Camaro
05-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Yes that is the plan. What time do we need to meet you guys and where?

Matt@BOS
05-27-2011, 10:02 PM
Yes that is the plan. What time do we need to meet you guys and where?

Hmm... good question. I think the Driverz guys are heading over from Corona, and I'll be coming up from San Diego. We could meet in Long Beach. That is convenient for you and Doug and pretty close to the 91 and 405 freeways that we will be taking. Last year we just took the 405 into Santa Monica and cruised along the PCH up to JCG in Oxnard. It took about an hour, I think. From Oxnard to Pleasanton is going to be about 6 hours without stopping. Factoring in frequent gas stops and dinner at Jardines... well, it's going to be a long day. I'd really like to stop by the Newman's shop too, but I don't know how much time that will add.

GregWeld
05-28-2011, 05:36 AM
You should all be required to meet me at my house in Bellevue, WA - and then drive south down the 101 along the Washington and Oregon coasts - then take the infamous 1... buzz through San Francisco... dodging any earthquakes (or creating them)... then slide sideways into our "spots" on the fairgrounds.

67zo6Camaro
05-28-2011, 09:12 AM
You should all be required to meet me at my house in Bellevue, WA - and then drive south down the 101 along the Washington and Oregon coasts - then take the infamous 1... buzz through San Francisco... dodging any earthquakes (or creating them)... then slide sideways into our "spots" on the fairgrounds.

That's a good idea. I will set my plane ticket up today. When I get there I get dibs on the new BLACK Benz you had at RTTC. That would be a great drive with you Greg.

RobNoLimit
05-28-2011, 02:39 PM
OK, can we get some concrete info on the drive up. We'd like to join in if we can meet up. [B]GregWeld[/B ]add 4 more for dinner. Tina, Rob, Mike S., and Mike M. thanks

GregWeld
05-28-2011, 04:17 PM
OK, can we get some concrete info on the drive up. We'd like to join in if we can meet up. [B]GregWeld[/B ]add 4 more for dinner. Tina, Rob, Mike S., and Mike M. thanks

Great Rob!! Now we've got this party started!!

GregWeld
05-28-2011, 04:22 PM
:spank2: Nice try - but this trip is the other "BBT" -- so instead of the Black Bi-Turbo - it's the BIG BOUNCY TRUCK.... 'cause I'm coming down with the '32 Roadster. :smoke:

That's a good idea. I will set my plane ticket up today. When I get there I get dibs on the new BLACK Benz you had at RTTC. That would be a great drive with you Greg.

mpozzi
05-30-2011, 12:00 PM
LOL, Greg!!! I love your humor.

So what time are we all meeting at Jardine's on Friday??? Inquiring minds want to know ...

Do we have reservations? If not, I highly suggest them and if we can get a fairly accurate head count and time, I'll do it.

Mary Pozzi

David Pozzi
05-31-2011, 07:31 AM
Looks like showers are a possibility.

class67
05-31-2011, 05:47 PM
unbelievable, this weather really sucks!

mpozzi
05-31-2011, 06:45 PM
Agree 100%. If there's even a speck of dampness on the track surface, the autocross is a no-go for safety reasons. About 80% are first-timers and when they run out of talent on that tight, narrow course ...

Hope it's dry this weekend, though.

Mary Pozzi

SLO_Z28
05-31-2011, 07:02 PM
Wow, what the hell! This sucks!

ROBS6T8
05-31-2011, 08:43 PM
It does suck... this is California! :) I just looked at the NOAA website and they're saying "rain likely"! Let's moved it to the Central Coast, we only have a 30% chance! lol

mpozzi
06-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Party at Pozzi's and we'll see how many of you can pack into a motorhome for emergency overnight lodging!!! There's also an AAS autocross in Marina (Monterey Peninsula) this same weekend. It's two days of very fast and well laid out courses with five runs each day. You can usually buy another run card for half price after your official runs too. Positive that Good Guys staff will not let us play "racer wanna be" if any part of our track is damp and that's a good thing (safety first!).

Gonna rain here too so bring wet weather gear no matter what. AND I NEED A TIME FOR JARDINE'S ON FRIDAY. Slackers, I tell ya'.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

67zo6Camaro
06-01-2011, 08:53 AM
Lol, are you suggesting we sneak away for some runs in Monterey....? I'm in if they let you run in the rain. j/k
None the less looking forward to a potentially crazy wkend.

Party at Pozzi's and we'll see how many of you can pack into a motorhome for emergency overnight lodging!!! There's also an AAS autocross in Marina (Monterey Peninsula) this same weekend. It's two days of very fast and well laid out courses with five runs each day. You can usually buy another run card for half price after your official runs too. Positive that Good Guys staff will not let us play "racer wanna be" if any part of our track is damp and that's a good thing (safety first!).

Gonna rain here too so bring wet weather gear no matter what. AND I NEED A TIME FOR JARDINE'S ON FRIDAY. Slackers, I tell ya'.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

mpozzi
06-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Autocrosses run rain or shine but I'm with you. It's Good Guys ...

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

bosses son
06-01-2011, 09:05 AM
American Auto Cross sets up some great tracks! I think it would be better to try and go to this than sit by the cars ay good guys.

GregWeld
06-01-2011, 09:36 AM
As much as I hate to do this -- I'm canceling my trip.... it's supposed to be nice here this weekend! And even DAMP roads in a highboy fenderless roadster is no fun cleaning up that mess! Turn the wheel and you're wearing whatever is on the road.... FUGIDABOUDIT!

I will cancel the reservation at HAPS ---- If someone else wants to call them to hook up with a group - that's up to them. Sorry folks! I was really really looking forward to this!

73CPCAMARO
06-01-2011, 11:01 AM
American Auto Cross sets up some great tracks! I think it would be better to try and go to this than sit by the cars ay good guys.

That would be great if you guys would come to the American Autocross. I plan on running the Corvette on Saturday (if no rain) at the show and Sunday in Marina AAS (if no rain) in my Camaro.

Let's hope the rain is gone by the weekend!

mpozzi
06-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Looks like rain for both days. Intermittent (present weather reports) but rain. Who was it that called it Junuary??

I'm on the fence as well and will take a look at the weather reports Friday and then early Saturday am. If it's going to be wet, AAS is a most excellent alternative and I'll bring the enclosed trailer so we can stay dry until we have to work or run. While I love Good Guys and all they offer us gearheads, I have no idea how water-resistant my Camaro is. From looking closely at the door and trunk seals, I'm guessing either me, my trunk contents, or most likely both will be drenched after a couple of hours of rain.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

Flash68
06-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Big ass bummer, but I agree with ya'all... GG just not worth it in the rain... Marina might be a good plan B for me, but I also may just skip this wet weekend and try for Big Willow on June 11 with some of the Socal PT guys.

Any of you up for that? Kyle? Mary? Brian? :)

mpozzi
06-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Just checked www.accuweather.com again and it's rain no matter Marina or Pleasanton so make plans accordingly.

Looks like a last-minute decision for me ...

Mary Pozzi

mpozzi
06-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Turn the wheel and you're wearing whatever is on the road.... FUGIDABOUDIT! Sorry folks! I was really really looking forward to this!

LOL and I'd have paid $$$ to see that, Greg. Sorry you aren't coming down but understand completely.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

GregWeld
06-01-2011, 02:30 PM
LOL and I'd have paid $$$ to see that, Greg. Sorry you aren't coming down but understand completely.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

I'm used to wearing egg.... but road grime mixed with rainwater is just a nasty 'look' for me. ESPECIALLY when we may touch 80 (YES! EIGHT ZERO) degrees and full sun here in the beautiful Pacific NorthWET.

SLO_Z28
06-01-2011, 06:18 PM
How much does the AAX event cost? They had a class I fit perfectly in. I'm probably going to do that instead. When does tech start? The stupid web server of theirs is on the fritz.

All this hooplah made me think about this song:
kChDULPCOLs

73CPCAMARO
06-01-2011, 07:48 PM
James,

Here is the link to AAS : http://www.americanauto-x.com/

The best event of the year will be 7/2 -7/3 at Marina. It will be the best course of the year. It would be great if the west coast PT group show up to that one. It is the memorial event for the founder of the series, Larry Park.

Brian

SLO_Z28
06-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Doesn't say on the website what time tech starts, and what it costs >.<

Flash68
06-01-2011, 09:22 PM
I think it was $40 the 2 times I went to Marina.

73CPCAMARO
06-01-2011, 09:28 PM
This is copied from the website:

General things to know about AAS:
■There are no membership dues for AAS events, the cost is $40.00 per event, payable at the registration tent. We start at 9:00am and try to give everyone 5 runs as long as time permits, and you must work one rungroup per entry. Registration generally opens at 8:00am and is open all day Saturday and till 2:00pm on Sundays.
■Please PRINT your name/address/other info on your registration card - illegible entries are subject to being input as Time Only.
■Helmets are required, Snell M or SA 95 or newer. There are some loaners available.
■We have a once a year technical/safety inspection, once your car passes tech, you will get a tech sticker which must be displayed, and visible from a short distance.
■Class structure is based on SCCA classes, however not all SCCA classes are offered individually, there are some that are lightly subscribed, so they are combined and indexed. We do not allow Karts.
■You must have a valid drivers license to compete and there are minimum age (16) limits for AAS competitors. Those who are under 18 years old must have a signed parents consent form, and also must have a minors waiver form signed.

There is one tech per yer per car. Most cars have already run once this year, so they are not teched again. There are usually one or two tech inspectors during the day. They can tech on grid or registration can get you set up with an inspector prior to grid. This group is very experienced and it runs very smooth.

mpozzi
06-01-2011, 09:55 PM
If you guys want to do AAS, I'm in for that and promise you'll have a great time. This is the absolute BEST autocross group on the planet and their courses are perfect for our type of cars. And it's two days of this ...

I need to know who's in for this as we might want to make different plans for dinner. San Juan Bautista is about 30+ miles north of Salinas/Marina area and no need to backtrack.

Think about this as an alternative if it rains.

Mary Pozzi

67zo6Camaro
06-01-2011, 10:19 PM
I'll follow the group to AAS. Working hard to get ready by Fri. Rain or shine I should be heading that direction. 24hrs to make the last minute plans.

bosses son
06-02-2011, 06:28 AM
are you still thinking dinner on Friday night or will we switch to Saturday? We will probably drive up on Sat morning.

mpozzi
06-02-2011, 07:39 AM
Most likely both evenings so everyone can have a good time. It'll be either-or for you, Kyle.

Mary P.

mpozzi
06-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Okay!!!! Checked the hourly accuweather forecast for both Marina and Pleasanton. Saturday's going to suck for Marina as it looks like rain all day long. At Pleasanton, it'll most likely be a one-run autocross as thunderstorms are predicted for both morning and afternoon with a couple of hour breaks in between. Good Guys staff will wait until the course is dry before letting cars run. It's a toss up and I'll go with whatever the majority wants to do.

On Sunday, there's a t-storm in the morning and another around noon. As Good Guys shuts the autocross down at noon or 1 pm anyways, we may only get one run (if that). Marina looks about the same as P-ton.

Still need to know about Friday dinner plans.

Mary P.

Matt@BOS
06-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Well guys, with all the talk of rain, I'm out. 8ish hours is too much driving just to get rained on. For all of you planning on autocrossing this weekend, have fun!

Matt

mpozzi
06-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Don't blame you a bit, Matt. Just checked again and it's rain almost all day on Saturday for Marina and most of the day for Pleasanton. Sunday will get a little rain for Pleasanton but it should be nice for Marina (no rain).

Looks like it's going to be Good Guys for me instead of Marina. Deanna and I will be at Jardine's around 6pm or so and whoever wants to join us, either post here or just show up. And pack rain gear no matter which event you go to ...

Mary P.

Flash68
06-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Well guys, with all the talk of rain, I'm out. 8ish hours is too much driving just to get rained on. For all of you planning on autocrossing this weekend, have fun!

Matt

Yup, I am out too, and I am 30 minutes from the fairgrounds. LOL... Car show in the rain ain't working out for me. We'll get ya next time.

67zo6Camaro
06-03-2011, 07:40 AM
Same here, Just looked at the National Wheather Service site this am. 80% today, 80% Sat, then down to 60% Sunday. That's about enough information needed to make a last minute change in plans. See ya all at the next one.

I have paid for the GG tickets if anyone wants my Confirmation number for will call let me know.

mpozzi
06-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Just checked the hourly forecase from accuweather for Pleasanton and they're predicting almost two inches of rain between Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon. My inferno orange metallic ark is staying moored this weekend as well ...

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

Flash68
06-03-2011, 11:52 AM
Chad-1st Gen, hotrod69Camaro, and myself will be at Big Willow next Saturday if any of you are interested in some big track fun.....

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?79102-Camaro-Gathering-at-Willow-Springs-Big-Track (not just for Camaros obviously)

Come helps us fight the good fight against imports and Rustangs. LOL

SLO_Z28
06-03-2011, 09:36 PM
I'll be at pleasanton. I cant really afford to do the AAX thing becuse of having to rent a room and the price of fuel. Are you going to have your car displayed at the hotchkis tent Mary?

Man, everyones afraid of a little rain. I dont have wiper baldes or even weatherstriping that works but ill be there.

MrQuick
06-03-2011, 10:11 PM
unbelievable, this weather really sucks!

mother nature hates car shows...clears up all week on monday....we're going anyways...

TT302Z28
06-04-2011, 06:00 AM
I'm still going!

If the vendors came from all over the place to come show us their latest and greatest, I gotta go and at least look. Rainy day specials anyone?

larknut
06-04-2011, 06:40 AM
Looks like tomorrow might be better weather possibly. I know when I've gone on past rainy days there was hardly anyone there.

For anyone that is out there today, how is it looking?

mpozzi
06-04-2011, 06:45 AM
You headed home via the 101? If so, give me a call and I'll get you shirts and your parts. Marina's very close. I'll PM you my cell.

Mary P.

I'll be at pleasanton. I cant really afford to do the AAX thing becuse of having to rent a room and the price of fuel. Are you going to have your car displayed at the hotchkis tent Mary?

Man, everyones afraid of a little rain. I dont have wiper baldes or even weatherstriping that works but ill be there.

class67
06-04-2011, 07:10 AM
It's definately wet out there...I am going to go anyway, in my truck. No sense in wasting my registration...lol

buickfunnycar.com
06-04-2011, 08:27 AM
Well this weather really sucks the high hard one...call me later Mary if you guys are getting together tonight,we have no plans...

Flash68
06-04-2011, 11:33 AM

Who is afraid of the actual rain? I like most was afraid of NO AUTOX due to rain.... very different thing... I am not interested in sitting around at a car show.... in the rain.

I don't have wipers either but then that's not my excuse.

buickfunnycar.com
06-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Just got back from Marina,small group but some quick cars,track was like a pool table though...

mpozzi
06-04-2011, 02:15 PM
I'll be there tomorrow, John. Should get loaded up and at the site around 11ish. Come on out as I think the rain will be done and over with by then.

It'll be the Camaro's first autocross ...

Mary Pozzi

ssmike
06-04-2011, 04:40 PM
I'll be there tomorrow, John. Should get loaded up and at the site around 11ish. Come on out as I think the rain will be done and over with by then.

Mary Pozzi

REALLY LATE NOTICE, but...

If any Orange County folks end up visiting with Mary tomorrow, I would really appreciate it if you could spot me $20 and pick up my OneLap t-shirts..........

Mary, if it doesn't work out - I will look forward to meeting you later this summer. My car will be done by then, and I'd love you to drive her in any event.:headbang:

Have fun tomorrow

Rod
06-04-2011, 05:25 PM

Mary Pozzi

At AAS? so whats needed for marina? any special license like SCCA or just entry and helmet?

mpozzi
06-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Mike ... If anyone comes to AAS, I'll make sure to give them your OLC shirts and you can send me $$ when you get them. And we'll hook up once you get your car done. I'm supposed to be down at El Toro the end of August and maybe that will work for you.

Rod ... Just entry fee ($40) and your helmet. I'm going to try to be at the airport around 10 am. Look for a white trailer and Dodge truck.

Mary Pozzi

SLO_Z28
06-04-2011, 08:25 PM
So close yet so far away. At least I broke 20mpg on the way up.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/163si.jpg/)

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/161co.jpg/)

Check out what Mike Maier revealed today in his blue mustang, a Nascar engine! New struts and a-arms to match! Cant wait to hear this beast run!
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/97/153qm.jpg/)

rrunner68
06-04-2011, 08:44 PM
WOW. Talk about raising the bar, lol.

MrQuick
06-04-2011, 08:45 PM
look like it dried up after 1 ? more pictures please.

SLO_Z28
06-04-2011, 09:17 PM
look like it dried up after 1 ? more pictures please.

Those pictures were taken at about 2 when I left. Ill upload more pictures when I get home, my parents internet is unbearabably slow.

class67
06-04-2011, 10:46 PM
I heard Maier's mustang today as he toured around the fairgrounds....pretty nasty sounding!

buickfunnycar.com
06-05-2011, 06:37 AM
Those pictures were taken at about 2 when I left. Ill upload more pictures when I get home, my parents internet is unbearabably slow.

Got your package here James,I left you a PM earlier.

Sun is out and shining here in Marina guys,there were a bunch of trailers waiting for the gate to open when I walked past @ 6:15 this morning,should be a nice day.

Mary,
I'm headed out to Hahn winery with my dad and family for a early fathers day gig so I may miss most of the action,will try to stop by later this afternoon if time permits...want to see that bright orange Camaro run circles around the competition!

67cougnut
06-05-2011, 08:19 AM
If I didnt have pnuemonia right now, I'd actually head out there for just a few hours to see if anyone runs. please post pics and vids for those stuck at home!

Hotchkis
06-09-2011, 07:45 AM
We were supposed to be out there with a couple of H-Team members, but Mother Nature had different plans. Who would have thought it would be such bad weather in June? And it was only for the weekend! Some people made it out to the autocross Sunday with zero rain and made more runs than they knew what to do with. The fairgrounds were very empty, but the autocross course was busy with specatators and competitors. We hope the weather cooperates for the next autocross in Pleasanton.