PDA

View Full Version : 700R4 Question - spin wheels out of park

68 SuperRam
08-30-2004, 10:10 AM
Just a general question - I have a 700R4 taken out of an 87 Camaro - in my 68 - powered by a 350 - every time I take the car out of park and put it into reverse or drive - the car always likes to chirps the tires. Even with my foot on the brake - they will chirp very very little - but usually I do not apply the brake when I take it out of park - and the tires just like to light up alittle - any ideas?

Brad
08-30-2004, 05:54 PM
Re-adjust your t.v cable. It is either to tight or to loose, I forget which way to go. Go in one click incriments. One way it will get worse, the other way it will soften. DO NOT DRIVE around like this, maybe around the block,thats it. You don't want to much slop, or to much bite (like you have now). Depending on gear ratio, you should go into second around 15mph under medium throttle and 3rd around 25-28mph.

Below is a link that should help you greatly!!!!! Don't do to much driving, or you will be pulling it for a rebuild. I've toasted one in about 30 miles do to mis-adjustment.

http://www.tciauto.com/instructions/gm_tv_cable_adjust.htm

Hope this helps you.

Also, pre '89's have a 7 vein pump and the '89 up has a 10 vein pump. Just a little fyi. May not want to beat on it to much with a hipo motor.