PDA

View Full Version : 67 / 68 camaro wanted

rickardss
02-08-2011, 04:30 AM
CAR NO LONGER WANTED! BOUGHT A CAR FROM A MEMBER OF THIS SITE. THANKS FOR THE REPLIES.

POST UPDATE

Looking for a 68 camaro - with some of the following:

Solid body most important - solid color preferred.
RS (copy is fine)
small block
Good condition / new interior - largely stock is fine

Budget depends on car but up to ~ $30k. I'm looking for something I can drive most days.

Western US states preferred because I will be importing to Australia & its most economical to ship from CA.

I'm flexible if there's a car that comes close to this description & will consider 67 & 69's but 68 much preferred.

At some point my ideal car would have the following:

ls3 & 6spd auto
complete new suspension package (tending towards TCI's independent front + rear four link)
4 wheel discs

BUT due to my budget and finding a car with all that its probably a matter of finding one more stock that I can drive and work on in the meantime. Plan at this stage is to buy an rs camaro with the body & interior done and then later buy the suspension package, ls3 & 6spd auto to install down the track. Was thinking I would source the engine and gearbox from a written off HSV in Australia.

Thanks,
Brad

Van B
02-08-2011, 05:38 PM
I am thinking that most cars you find with a 4 link will have mini tubs. Is there a reason you don't want them?

garickman
02-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Whats your budget?

67 ls1 vert
02-08-2011, 06:33 PM
pm sent to you.

rickardss
02-09-2011, 02:48 AM
Jeff, good question - I realize a lot of cars with a 4 link may have mini tubs & I would certainly consider a camaro with them. My reason is that, to get an import approval from the government, which is necessary to import a car into Australia, they can say no if the car has certain modifications - including mini tubs depending on their size. Its a ridiculous rule because there isn't exact details on what are allowable modifications and what arent - its at their discretion. That said I have heard of other Australian's importing cars from the US with mini tubs so I would certainly consider them.

Greg, budget is under 30k, but its really car specific. I've got considerable extra costs to consider with shipping etc. I know thats not a lot of money for all I'm wanting but I'm willing to compromise in almost any area if there is car thats close to what I'm after.

rickardss
03-03-2011, 04:58 AM
please see top of thread...

rickardss
06-21-2011, 05:07 AM
bump - please see updated post at start of thread...thanks

Dobster
08-12-2011, 06:20 PM
I may have what you are looking for Its a good start for you to drive every day.
PM sent.

JustinB
11-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Brad, I might have a 68 you would be interested in. Its not a RS but a real good driver. SBC, Keisler 5 Speed, big brakes front and rear, hotchks springs f/r, new interior, clean engine bay, good paint, and the car is located in SoCal. If interested let me know and I will get some pics for you. If you wanted to do the RS conversion I could also get that done for you before the car shipped.

rickardss
02-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Guys, thanks for the replies. I have found a car from a member off this site which I'm busily working on. Thanks for the messages.

- Brad