PDA

View Full Version : WaveTrac posi for Ford 9"

Bowtie1z28
02-03-2011, 07:02 PM
I have a Ford 9" w/ a Detroit Locker in my Camaro and it has worked great for launching at the drag strip but I have grown tired of the noise and the unpredictability during cornering on the street. I am considering a WaveTrac torque biasing posi that I recently saw. I was talking with Foz at Moser today and it sounds like this unit would eliminate all of the down sides of the locker and still be strong enough for drag launches. One of the main reasons I was considering the WaveTrac is that I already have 35 spline axles and this is the only posi unit besides a Locker that I can find to accept 35 splines axles. Does anyone have any experience with the WaveTrac?? At $1000 it is a bit pricey but if if works its worth spending the extra on.

http://www.autotechdriveline.com/a_wavdiff.shtml

http://www.moserengineering.com/assembled-center-sections/9-ford-35-spline.html

formula
02-04-2011, 07:32 AM
I know that we have one on order for the DSE 1st gen test car, but I don't know if it will be here in time for rttc or not. It looks like an awesome piece.

Bowtie1z28
02-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Decided to move forward and get the WaveTrac posi unit. Shipped off my Strange case, pinion support and 1350 yoke to Moser last week. They recieved it all on Friday and they will be shipping me back a complete assemble center section with the new WaveTrac, new Motive 3.89 gears and all new bearings on Tuesday this coming week. Now thats service!!

If anyone is interested I have the Detroit Locker for 35 spline axles and a set of 3:70 and 4:30 Motive gears that will be going up for sale,

big gear head
02-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Give me a price. I know someone who might be interested in the locker and a set of gears. They are running 35 spline axles with a spool and want to do something different.

Nothingface5384
02-27-2011, 08:16 AM
glad to here, I would have gotton one but they dont make them for a 10 bolt yet though they're thinking about doing so..

so I had to get the next best thing...tru-trac

Bowtie1z28
03-01-2011, 06:56 PM
I wish I could have used the TruTrac (supposed to be a solid piece) at about half the cost of the WaveTrac but it also had about half the horsepower capabilty and is not available for 35 spline axles which I already have. I also don't know that it would live long behind 600HP manual trans launches. Moser was supposed to be done assembling my center section today so I hope to have it back on Thursday. If my plans for the weekend remain open I will have the rear end back together Sat or Sun.

ProdigyCustoms
03-02-2011, 04:32 AM
The Wave Trac is a awesome piece, we have been selling more and more of them. This is the center were are running in Unfair hoping to handle 1300HP launches on slicks! Will let you know.

Bowtie1z28
03-05-2011, 06:14 PM
The Wave Trac is a awesome piece, we have been selling more and more of them. This is the center were are running in Unfair hoping to handle 1300HP launches on slicks! Will let you know.

Well that is about 300hp more than it is rated for so it will be real interesting to see how it holds up. At 600hp I don't need to worry too much about it lasting a long time. Keep us posted on your results Frank!

Tom

chicane67
03-13-2011, 12:24 AM
They work rather well... actually. And in your case, for $995... its pretty cheap... considering that there isn't anything else to consider on the available market in a 35 spl derivative.

Even the Gleason, in a 31 spl, is $1300... and the finish machining nor materials of it aren't even near the quality of the Wavetrac.