PDA

View Full Version : Actual size of the Peanut autox

Jim Nilsen
01-30-2011, 09:00 AM
I would like to know the actual length and width of the peanut so I can find a parking lot and set up a mock track to practice. The coarse seemed really small in Joliet, I think it is no bigger than a basketball court,lol.

mpozzi
01-30-2011, 08:46 PM
There is no set standard for the Good Guys autocross courses and they lay it out based on the area they're given to hold the event in. The track width is usually 12' or so.

I would set your car up so it handles well and not tune specifically for this type of course <just sayin'>.

Mary P.

Jim Nilsen
01-31-2011, 05:23 AM
Thanks Mary, I'm not setting the car up for it, I am just wanting to practice my transitions for that tight little thing they had at Joliet. I believe I found the line I like but I was not even getting close to the limit of traction before it started to rain on the coarse.

It's nice to know that some of the coarses were maybe bigger because Joliet seemed really small to me.

Thanks

RAFTRACER
02-01-2011, 10:40 AM
At only 12' feet gate width there is barely even a "line" to be considered....Minimum gate distance at a SCCA autocross is 15 feet and if you ever see one of those it looks tight.

I know that you have to use the lot that you are given , but these cars (and their drivers) would probably favor more open courses where the car actually fits, you can drive a line and actually use the car that you have built...

I have never been to a Good Guys event, but I have seen videos....looks painful.

mpozzi
02-02-2011, 08:53 PM
It can be.

Mary Pozzi

dontlifttoshift
02-03-2011, 09:26 AM
the best practice for a goodguys autocross is to go here.... http://www.scca-chicago.com/solo/index.html

The learning curve is april 2-3 and is the best money you will spend learning to drive (around cones). After you do this and attend a couple of SCCA events, Goodguys in Joliet will be a cake walk.

Des Moines GG has more space but they use the same peanut layout. Easy drive for you to get there.

dontlifttoshift
02-03-2011, 09:28 AM
At only 12' feet gate width there is barely even a "line" to be considered....Minimum gate distance at a SCCA autocross is 15 feet and if you ever see one of those it looks tight.

I know that you have to use the lot that you are given , but these cars (and their drivers) would probably favor more open courses where the car actually fits, you can drive a line and actually use the car that you have built...

I have never been to a Good Guys event, but I have seen videos....looks painful.

My "buggy" fits just fine. :D

protour73
03-19-2011, 04:36 AM
the best practice for a goodguys autocross is to go here.... http://www.scca-chicago.com/solo/index.html

The learning curve is april 2-3 and is the best money you will spend learning to drive (around cones). After you do this and attend a couple of SCCA events, Goodguys in Joliet will be a cake walk.

Des Moines GG has more space but they use the same peanut layout. Easy drive for you to get there.dammit, I'm right in the middle of projects on the car and would never be able to make the "Learning Curve" ..... is this only at the beginning of the season? I have been looking for something like this around Chicago. What can I find closer to June? Anything?

dontlifttoshift
03-19-2011, 05:05 AM
Just take your daily driver then. Both Chicago and Milwaukee do it at the start of the season.

grnman
03-20-2011, 07:51 PM
Here is a copy of the Solo dates for central division SCCA. You can also get more dates at Wisconsin autocrossers inc. @ www.waiautox.org

2011 CENDIV Solo News
CENDIV Divisional Solo Event
July 16th-17th, 2011 at Miller Park

Solo Links
Chicago Region

* The Learning Curve Apr 2-3 Route 66 Raceway
Event 1 Apr 10 Route 66 Raceway
Event 2 May 8 Route 66 Raceway
Event 3 Jun 19 Route 66 Raceway
* National Tour Jul 2-3 Toledo Express Airport, Toledo
CenDiv Divisional (Event 4) Jul 16-17 Miller Park, Milwaukee
Event 5 Aug 21 Route 66 Raceway
* ProSolo Finale Aug 27-28 Lincoln, Nebraska
* Tire Rack Solo Nationals Aug 30-Sep 2 Lincoln, Nebraska
Event 6 Sep 25 Route 66 Raceway
Event 7 (Twin Solo 2011) Oct 15 Route 66 Raceway
Event 8 (Twin Solo 2011) Oct 16 Route 66 Raceway

* not a Championship Series points event

Milwaukee Region

Solo Drivers School Apr 16th (Sat).
Event #1 Apr 17th (Sun).
Event #2 May 8th (Sun).
Test and Tune Jun 18 (Sat)
Event #3 Jun 19st (Sun).
Event #4 Jul 16-17th (Sat/Sun). Cendiv Divisional
Event #5 Aug 7th (Sun).
Event #6 Sep 5th (Mon).
National Street Tire Challenge Sep 17-18
Event #7 Oct 8th (Sat).
Event #8 Oct 9th (Sun).
All Milwaukee region events are at Miller Park (a great big/fun site)