PDA

View Full Version : 10/10ths Motorsports 2011 Schedule

wneal
01-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Hello Drivers
I am excited to share the 2011 10/10ths Motorsports schedule. We welcome all types of car and hope to be involved once again this year with the Midwest Muscle Car Challenge. 10/10ths provided the instructors for the event last year at Putnam Park.

Our website can be found at LINK (http://www.1010thsmotorsports.com/page/page/5236308.htm)

Our 2011 schedule can be found at LINK (http://www.1010thsmotorsports.com/2011_Schedule.html)

You can get a very good idea of our event format by check out this LINK (http://www.1010thsmotorsports.com/1010ths_FORMAT.html)

Danny and I are working hard to put on quality / safe events with our first one at VIR on March 14-15 .

We hope to see you at the track this year
Bill
:drive:

Bill Howell
01-25-2011, 04:49 PM
First, Hey Bill, great to see you posting on Pro-touring!

A bit of an introduction is in order here guys. The "Danny" mentioned above is none other than Danny Popp. Everyone that was at Midwest Musclecar Challenge last year or at RTTHs had the chance to meet him. Bill and Danny are involved with 10/10s, the group of guys that were the ride-along instructors for us.
They are going to start posting up events they are involved with so everyone can hopefully get more training and instruction if they have an event near you. Be sure and check out their website and schedule.
Welcome aboard guys!

tommycomfort
01-25-2011, 05:58 PM
Deb and I ran our 66 at a 10/10ths event last fall in our 66 Chevelle. We were treated like royalty and had an absolute blast. A little nerve wracking thrashing the car the weekend before leaving for SEMA/OUSCI, but all went well. A class act to say the least!
Tom

RAFTRACER
01-26-2011, 05:02 AM
Thanks Larry and Bill for allowing us space on this board. Since Bill Neal and I have been to our first Pro-Touring event we have been uber impressed with the quality of your events, the ultra-cool machines and engineering, and the hopsitality and friendliness of all of the partipants,competitors and organizers.

We wanted a presence on this board to make sure that the Pro-Touring community was aware of our event dates, locations and what we would be able to provide for those that are interested.

10/10ths Motorsports is a track day/school/HPDE venue that will provide more track time per day than most venues (typically 3.0+ hours/day), has multiple groups depending on skill sets and experience and will provide top-notch instructors for all or "coaching" for the more experienced looking to go faster with National Champion caliber instruction.

Alot like the Pro-Touring events, sportsmanship is what makes our events notable. We demand the highest level of sportsmanship at our events...It keeps it "safe" and safety is of our primary concern, we take it seriously. Our goal is to teach people how to track their vehicle safely and learn how to go FAST the right way eliminating unnecessary risks. These cars you guys play with have considerable expense involved in their restorations and developments, keeping that investment intact is paramount, keeping you guys unhurt and alive is even more so important.

With this Pro-Touring movement accelerating like a snow ball down a hill, and events and competitions appearing all over the place, getting the participants quality track time and instruction is important for the safety of the sport. Bill (Neal) , I and our instructor staff look forward to helping any of you with your driving and car set-up. Eagerly awaiting meeting more of you ,seeing your favorite machines and making new friends.

As said our first event of the year is at Virginia Internation Raceway, one of the nicest facilities in the country and my personal favorite track to date. Over 3 miles of length, elevation change, big speed, technical and safe run offs are reasons why this track is so well received. Check your schedules, it will certainly be worth your time. The other event dates through the year will be held at Putnam Park, Mid-Ohio, potentially VIR (again) and CMP in the fall. We may add other dates and venues as the year progresses.

Thanks !!!
Danny

JEFFTATE
01-26-2011, 05:15 AM
Ooo , Wow !!

I need to go to some of these !!

RAFTRACER
01-26-2011, 07:45 AM
A little VIR entertainment for you.....From my car ( 570 rwhp C5 Corvette) @ NASA event July '09.....very conservative drive maintaining soft tires in 90+ degree ambients..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgMPMZjp4mE

Awesome track......enjoy!!!! Nothing like the audio of a 8k rpm LS motor :razz:

JEFFTATE
01-26-2011, 07:55 AM
"conservative drive " ????
That's funny !!

RAFTRACER
01-26-2011, 08:00 AM
"conservative drive " ????
That's funny !!

Fastest lap on that video is a low '57......The TT session on hour earlier I ran 54's....3 seconds is huge. On this video there is no slip angle on corner exits and no counter steer on corner exits....being REALLY nice to the tires. Only going as fast as I needed to.

wiedemab
01-26-2011, 08:14 AM
Awesome track......enjoy!!!! Nothing like the audio of a 8k rpm LS motor :razz:

My stock LS1 C5 just doesn't quite sound that good! ;)

Man - I have to try to get to some of these events this year - -- I have some learning to do!

JEFFTATE
01-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Fastest lap on that video is a low '57......The TT session on hour earlier I ran 54's....3 seconds is huge. On this video there is no slip angle on corner exits and no counter steer on corner exits....being REALLY nice to the tires. Only going as fast as I needed to.

Wow , I wish I could work with slip angle and counter steer on corner exits ..
When I get my buggy trackworthy , I'm coming up to visit you ..

I won't stop until my camaro has that level of performance ,
and sounds like that !!!!
Amazing !!!

wneal
01-28-2011, 05:25 PM
I am currently working on a Muscle Car only section of my website designed so that 10/10ths can provide you with Road Race information from tracks, driving techniques, mechanical issues etc. I hope you will find it of value
I should have it up in a few days

JEFFTATE
01-29-2011, 07:40 PM
I am currently working on a Muscle Car only section of my website designed so that 10/10ths can provide you with Road Race information from tracks, driving techniques, mechanical issues etc. I hope you will find it of value
I should have it up in a few days

That's awesome !!
Thanks Bill !!

tazzz25906112
01-30-2011, 07:09 AM
Well Bill all I heard about last years event was how "Fantastic" the event was (sponsored, but unfortunately couldn't come) and seeing that little Sunday stroll above only re-confirms how badly I need help with my driving skills ;-)....

Very impressive driving and yes I will be in touch as it would be a blast to spend time with you and really learn to drive properly.... The thought of being that smooth around a track is very appealing to me and we'll certainly be seeing each other over the course of this year I hope.

wneal
01-30-2011, 08:31 AM
The video above is of Danny Popp
He is OK but I am much faster LOL

In any event, we would love to have you at one of our events and I can guarantee you will be a better driver after just one event.

This is a video of my car at VIR in November. I had a couple of Porsche guys holding me up on the back straight but was then able to get a clean lap
http://1010ths.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album08&id=vir_october_31st

You can always feel free to give me or Danny a call at any time.

RAFTRACER
01-30-2011, 04:55 PM
The video above is of Danny Popp
He is OK but I am much faster LOL

In any event, we would love to have you at one of our events and I can guarantee you will be a better driver after just one event.

This is a video of my car at VIR in November. I had a couple of Porsche guys holding me up on the back straight but was then able to get a clean lap
http://1010ths.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album08&id=vir_october_31st

You can always feel free to give me or Danny a call at any time.

Yeah, what he said.....contact Bill or I at any time !!!

As far as Bill's grandious comments above, This is the 2nd half of the video that I posted above. Little excitement @ 2:30 and Bill will be guest starring @ around 4:00 in the black C6 Corvette.....This is Bill ( Slowton for short ) getting LAPPED in a 30 minute sprint race on a track over 3 miles long....Went by him sooo fast it looks like he tagged reverse instead of the next forward gear:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Piyas9QZS14

Bill would have made one hell of a manuere salesman .......:)

wneal
01-31-2011, 06:07 AM
Since that was only my 3rd race ever and 1st at VIR, I thought I would be a gentleman and LET him by.
that is all I have to say on this matter

Ron.in.SoCal
01-31-2011, 08:38 AM
Mad skills, Sir! After the Camaro is done, I think I need a C6 track car...

wneal
02-04-2011, 03:23 PM
We just added Carolina Motorsports Park November 5/6, 2011
:):)

Bill Howell
02-04-2011, 03:28 PM
OH man, that is the one track I have been wanting to set up an event on. Too bad your weekend is SEMA weekend.........dang it......

highschool70ss
02-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Sorry if it has already been answered. But is it the same event schedule as the 2010 event.

RAFTRACER
02-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Sorry if it has already been answered. But is it the same event schedule as the 2010 event.

Which event are you inquiring about ???

Links for all of the events are posted in post#1 of this thread, if you have any further questions just ask !!!

formula
02-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Carolina motorsports park the day after my birthday?!?!?!?

happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, lalalalala!!!

highschool70ss
02-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Which event are you inquiring about ???

Links for all of the events are posted in post#1 of this thread, if you have any further questions just ask !!!

The Midwest Musclecar Challenge.

RAFTRACER
02-08-2011, 04:30 AM
The Midwest Musclecar Challenge.

Currently the MMC is not a scheduled event ......

Bill Neal and I are researching the availability of sites and getting sponsor commitments to hold this event for the Pro-Touring community. Sponsor relations seem to be going well, but site availability is somewhat problematic currently.

This event was deleted this year from the Pro-Touring schedule as was not to be an event this year...we are trying to resurrect this event for THIS year. Keep you fingers crossed !!!

wneal
02-08-2011, 05:03 AM
Carolina motorsports park the day after my birthday?!?!?!?

happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, lalalalala!!!

Give yourself a Birthday Present !!!!

Procharmo
02-17-2011, 04:22 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the videos. But really this has to be 90% driver balls and skill. Most of us (me) have an in built fear factor. Many racers don't!!!

Ron.in.SoCal
02-17-2011, 05:03 PM
^ and how much horsepower is in your car?? :)

wneal
02-17-2011, 07:07 PM

If you mean is this the same as the MWMCC event at Putnam Park last year, it is not. These are all the regular 10/10ths events but any MC is certainly welcome to attend. There is some behind the scenes work taking place to possibly hold another Muscle Car event though

RAFTRACER
03-16-2011, 09:27 AM
First event is already come and gone. Everyone had a great time @ VIR and we had a few prominant Pro-Touring members participate @ our event. I know they had a great time and I am sure that their Pro-Touring event results will become better than they already are....( they are already quite good )

Next event is @ Putnam Park April 2nd and 3rd. Hope you guys can join us and see what this is all about !!

Payton King
03-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Would love to see something at Carolina Motorsports Park. I will keep watching. Missed the VIR event. Car getting updated.

RAFTRACER
03-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Would love to see something at Carolina Motorsports Park. I will keep watching. Missed the VIR event. Car getting updated.

Your wish my friend will be our command......we just added a CMP event in the beginning of November. See you there .......

Payton King
04-07-2011, 05:50 AM
See you there and maybe a few other places...

wneal
04-22-2011, 04:51 PM

It will be the normal 10/10ths schedule for which any MC is welcome. We are working on a MC event for 2011 however