PDA

View Full Version : HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT about RTTC

Bill Howell
01-17-2011, 05:18 PM
Speed by Spectre is such a supporter of all the events I am involved with, and RTTC II is no different. They of course will be at the track, and again this year will be doing the Top Speed award like last year.
However, the NEW, HUGE news this year, is FRIDAY. We are working out the start time of the cruise, etc, but PLEASE, make plans now to take the whole day.
Total Cost Involved is sponsoring the dinner and we will be ending up at their shop that evening, but, to add to the fun, Speed by Spectre is sponsoring a Carting event that day also.
SO we will leave the hotel pretty early, cruise down their way, cart the afternoon away, then ease on over to TCI.

Sponsors make this hobby what it is, and make doing these events so much fun.
Thanks again TCI and Speed by Spectre for adding a whole nother day to the fun.

CarlC
01-17-2011, 05:41 PM
Excellent! Thank you to Spectre and TCI for sponsoring these events. This should be a ton of fun.

67zo6Camaro
01-17-2011, 08:53 PM
x2

Great to see sponsors stepping up to help make these events even better....

johnny68
01-17-2011, 09:17 PM
thats great that the companys are supporting us thats awsome
john

Rod
01-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Great to see the manufactures come out and sponsor and enjoy the events as much as we do, I worked a little with Spectra at a previous event, and look forward to working with them again and the other vendors also, and thanks again for sponsoring the event, these racing events are the heart of our industry

Mike Norris
01-18-2011, 05:15 AM
Mike from Spectre called me yesterday morning at 9AM EST (6AM Cali time) to talk to me about using their facilities and chassis dyno tune folks vehicles.

At that time he mentioned the karting and maybe a stop by the shop pre cruise and that he was going to make a few more calls. Looks like it will be a very cool day for sure.

The dyno will be available both Thursday and Friday for me to use, so when I get back in the shop from my FL tuning trip on Monday, I will start scheduling folks in.

Thanks to Mike and the folks at Spectre!!

Mike Norris

TCI Engineering
01-18-2011, 08:55 AM
*I will repost this from the other thread but I figure more people will be viewing this thread*

I spoke with Mike @ Spectre yesterday so we could coordinate his carting event with dinner at our place. We both think around 5:00-6:00 PM is a good chow time but we'd like to leave it up to you guys as to what time would be best to eat. That way he can make sure to rent the carts appropriately. Post up your ideas on the time frame for dinner.

-J

Nessumsar
01-18-2011, 09:41 AM
A BIG thank you for all of the supporters! It is great to have companies supporting or small niche in the car community. Without you guys, our hobby wouldn't be.

edit: I would think that an eat time of around 6 would be good, that way the East Coast Boys aren't eating too late. That should give us plenty of time to cruise to the carting facillity and have fun.

JEFFTATE
01-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Thanks to Spectre , TCI , and Mike Norris !
Sponsors and participants really help our hobby .
It's like I've always said , participation is the key to this hobby.
Everyone must make it happen .

Rotnralph
01-18-2011, 06:47 PM
Kart event locked in at Fast Lap Indoor Kart Facility ( 3215 Corridor Drive
Mira Loma, CA 91752 - http://fastlaplv.com/ )

Friday February 25th 4 - 5pm
50 Minute enduro format
12 carts with 3 - 5 per team

Cost: Free ( well maybe a little pride if you get spanked really bad! )

Current format will probably have teams determined by size....... big guys on the right, little guys on the left..... each team determined by a random number drawn from each of the groups (although this is open to suggestions/discussion/debate if anyone has a better idea....... I for one think the skinny guys need to drive with a 50lb bag of sand in their lap!:lol:

We may also have the option to get in a few laps beforehand if we arrive closer to 3:15 or so......... TBD

Plans are to be done by 5:15 - 5:30 so the folks at TCI have a little time to get things set up for Dinner (thanks again J, Sal and the guys at TCI for doing this).

Questions, comments or thoughts........... the door is always open!

Thanks,

Mike
Spectre Performance

rrunner68
01-19-2011, 05:59 AM
Cool Mike. Thanks for setting this up. Can't wait.

Nessumsar
01-19-2011, 08:54 AM
You the man Mike! Thanks again everyone for puting this on.

Derek69SS
01-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Sounds like fun, wish I could attend!

suggestions/discussion/debate if anyone has a better idea....... I for one think the skinny guys need to drive with a 50lb bag of sand in their lap!:lol:

Do the karts have weight racks? I do league Karting during the winter months here with rented karts, and we all weigh in and add ballast accordingly... it might take an extra 15-20 minutes to weigh everybody depending on how many people there are, but weighting to a common average weight would make things pretty fair, and not gum up the pit stop/driver change process... since it's all just for fun, and there will be a lot of drivers with no Karting experience, I wouldn't worry too much about it though.

-The Stig-
01-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Very cool. Thanks Mike, TCI folks and of course Bill and the gang for putting all this together.

You guys are awesome.

rrunner68
01-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Us getting competitive while Karting? No way.

How many places have you and the crew been evicted from again Bill?

killer69
01-19-2011, 09:02 PM
Damn that's alot to fit in in a day!!! i have some time booked with Mike for the dyno but eally want to do the cruise too ................

johnny68
01-19-2011, 09:19 PM
boy i cant wait its going to be great even though ill only be there sat brite and early see you all sat.

hey blake how are things going still on for delivery
john

killer69
01-20-2011, 11:57 AM
yep wont be a problem, should be REALLY thirsty Saturday Night ;)

ErikLS2
01-21-2011, 07:39 AM
Wow, this event gets better all the time. Thanks to all involved in putting this together. I have a question about the karting event. Is it open only to RTTC entrants? My wife and kids will be coming along for the Friday festivities and I'm trying to get her into the hobby. Is it possible she can get some time in a kart or use some of my time? I would be happy to pay for her if needed.

Rotnralph
01-23-2011, 01:28 AM
A little more detail on Friday's karting event:

Current plan calls for a 1 hour enduro with 12 teams max. If there's enough participants we'll be using all 12 karts having up to 5 people per team........ since they can accommodate a total of 60 competitors for this event, no one should be left out (I know we won't have that many). If we get there as early as 3:15 to 3:30, good chance we can take some additional practice laps prior to the event.

Now I know there will be those that may take these things seriously (anything with wheels was meant to be raced!), but to address Erik's question, it would be cool to give the newbee's an opportunity to try it out and get their feet wet in a race environment, so we'll try to keep the teams as even as we can and still make a spot for the first timer (don't forget, we've got all weekend to dazzle the crowd with your driving prowness!).

Looking forward to a fun event.

Mike

Steve1968LS2
01-23-2011, 10:53 AM
Wow.. where the hell are we gonna park at TCI??? I've been there and it's mostly street parking.

Anyways, sound fun and I should be all tuned up and ready to go.

TCI Engineering
01-24-2011, 09:42 AM
We hope to have most of the employee vehicles cleared out by the time the convoy gets here. We had 60+ Novas parked in there last October for the SoCal Nova BBQ.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/01/009-1.jpg

-J