PDA

View Full Version : ATS Tri-Y LS7 headers

TitoJones
01-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Oh the pain I feel from having to part with these. These were going to be the crowning jewels on my LSX based engine in the 50/50 car. The tube chassis design has made that impossible, so rather than cut and hack these into a million pieces to make them fit, I offer them to you.

These are the master set of LS7 big tube Tri-Y ATS headers that were used to make and manufacture all the other headers ever made under the ATS brand. These use genuine SPD exhaust CNC flanges, merge collectors, and mandrel bends. These are the large tube (1-7/8" primaries stepped to a 2" stepped again to a 2-1/8" finally to a 3.5 inch collector)style in mild steel. They are currently unwelded in bare steel, but whomever decides they must have these will get them in 2 ways; fully TIG welded in bare mild steel, or fully TIG welded with ceramic coating in the color of their choice. I can also have a set of V-band clamps added to the collectors for the cost of the clamps.

Pricing is $2100 in bare, $2400 with coating. V band clamps and shipping are additional. Headers are at Ironworks in Bakersfield and the production jigs will be shipped to Rodger at my cost to assure the weld up is 100% within ATS spec for correct fitment.

These will fit factory frames 1st gen Camaro/Firebird as well as 68-72 Nova vehicles with 600 steering gears, as well as DSE hydroformed frames. Will not fit AME or Jake's C6 based frames due to the lower control arm mounting bracket. Might also fit Speedtech frames, but I'm not sure.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/01/6elkrk-1.jpg

Tyler

itsals1
01-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Tyler,
I was just wondering why you are not building these "AWESOME" headers anymore? I just had to ask. Maybe Speed-Tech should buy the rights/jig from you and sell them.

Travis

TitoJones
01-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Tyler,
I was just wondering why you are not building these "AWESOME" headers anymore? I just had to ask. Maybe Speed-Tech should buy the rights/jig from you and sell them.

Travis

It's a profit margin/labor thing. The cost of materials on the mild steel versions are $1400+ freight. They took 38 hours to make by hand with full welding. We didn't make enough money at the sale price to justify the time spent making them. Katech did our dyno testing on a LS7 and they said they made more power than anything they had tested up to that point, including the C6R race headers.

Speedtech won't have any better luck making them than we did, and with Hooker selling standard issue LS conversion headers for under $500 a set of road race Tri-Y's at $2K+ doesn't get many people on board. The satified clients are James Shipka with the One Lap Camaro, Steve Lenning with a 69 Camaro, Mark Stielow with Camaro X, etc. Worth it to some, outrageous to others.

Tyler

jwcarguy
01-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Tyler,
Sorry to hear that you have to part with them !

I am sure that you'll find them a good home to someone that apperciates the quality and craftsmenship of a ATS product!

Jeff

DarkoNova
01-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Speedtech won't have any better luck making them than we did, and with Hooker selling standard issue LS conversion headers for under $500 a set of road race Tri-Y's at $2K+ doesn't get many people on board. The satified clients are James Shipka with the One Lap Camaro, Steve Lenning with a 69 Camaro, Mark Stielow with Camaro X, etc. Worth it to some, outrageous to others.

Tyler

I understand, but just wanted to say that ever since I saw them back when you guys first started, I knew those were the headers I wanted for my car. I still wouldn't mind driving over to get a set made when I finally get the engine in. If you're willing, that is.

Anyway, free bump for a good guy and an awesome product.

TitoJones
01-11-2011, 06:35 PM
I understand, but just wanted to say that ever since I saw them back when you guys first started, I knew those were the headers I wanted for my car. I still wouldn't mind driving over to get a set made when I finally get the engine in. If you're willing, that is.

Anyway, free bump for a good guy and an awesome product.

There are only 25 retail sets ever made, and this is the master set, so 26 total sets in existence. 12 in Mild steel, 13 in stainless, and then this unwelded bare steel set. If you want them, this is your last chance to get them. After this set is welded in the jigs the pattern is gone, the jigs will be scrapped, and the only way to get a set is to find them from another car that changed directions.

Tyler

Steve68
01-11-2011, 07:14 PM
Wait, wait, wait!!!! I saw these when Tyler first produced them, These headers have been my Unicorn, these I thought were ****ing bad ass, and when I found out the gains, I had to have a set,

I himmed and hawwed, looked at Edelebrocks, then Hookers, Stainless works, Dynatech, ya,ya,ya used headers, new headers, modified Pacesetters, but, what I really wanted was the ATS in inconel or stainless, well after all these years I ponyed up a fat check to my buddy Tyler, (who I just chewed his ass in a PM), for this set he was holding on for the G-pa car, Jet Hot coated mild steel,

My car nowhere near being done, engines almost complete, I have all the parts to make it a roller, except some suspension parts, one day I'll make a project thread, right now it's not really worth looking at!

Tyler my apoligies, I'll PM the rest,

my thing is I'm glad I got a set, I'm happy, I love they way they look, I really wish I could go to the garage and turn the key, but all that'a a different post.........................

I fogot to say, I wear my ATS beanie/hat PROUDLY!!!!!

CRCRFT78
01-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Just curious but why scrap the jigs?

DarkoNova
01-11-2011, 10:58 PM
There are only 25 retail sets ever made, and this is the master set, so 26 total sets in existence. 12 in Mild steel, 13 in stainless, and then this unwelded bare steel set. If you want them, this is your last chance to get them. After this set is welded in the jigs the pattern is gone, the jigs will be scrapped, and the only way to get a set is to find them from another car that changed directions.

Tyler

Dang. I need to rob a bank so I can buy these, then lol.

brans72
01-12-2011, 04:53 AM
Yeah why scrape a jig? Why not set it aside and out of mind for now and then stumble on it in maybe 5-15 years. I know alot will be p*ssed made etc if you trash a perfect jig Tyler and We all know you have made some Awesome parts!

slenning
01-12-2011, 05:47 AM
As Tyler posted above I have a set of these on my car. These headers are a work of art. One of my friends saw them when I first got them and said he'd be sleeping with them if they were his! Somebody better snatch these up. Please do not scrap the jigs Tyler

TitoJones
01-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Without the patterns (aka this set of headers) the jigs are useless. The jigs are only to hold the tubes in place while welding. The tubes themselves (unwelded and cut to a specific angle/length) are the key to repeatability; When we weld these up there will be no way to re-make a set of these without starting over from scratch. I know the tube sizes and raw bends needed to order to get material on hand to make a set, but literally they cannot be made without something to compare them to. This is the last of the Tri-Y headers. If you've lusted after them, now is the time to rob banks, steal your kids piggy banks, or simply put it on a credit card. The last of an era is coming to a close and this is your chance to own of automotive jewelry that fits exceptional, makes tons of power, and gets you into the elite club we all want to be a part of. (even I wanted to be on that VIP list.)

Pics are for reference of build quality, fitment, and the last serial number made.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/01/2ir4x6q-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/01/19bk3m-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/01/262v775-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/01/ixxmk9-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/01/98d7qg-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/01/14cqq9i-1.jpg

Tyler

Matt@BOS
01-12-2011, 09:11 AM
You have no idea how much I have lusted after these headers for the last three or four years...

Matt

Steve68
01-12-2011, 11:50 AM
What S/N are mine? I didn't know they had S/N's

TitoJones
01-12-2011, 11:54 AM
What S/N are mine? I didn't know they had S/N's

000025. Only the stainless steel headers got the laser etched serial tags; mild steel got the laser cut ATS logo tags.

Tyler

DarkoNova
01-12-2011, 03:23 PM
You have no idea how much I have lusted after these headers for the last three or four years...

Matt

Ditto.

Bump for whoever is lucky enough to get these.

TitoJones
01-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Sold pending funds.

Tyler

TitoJones
02-11-2011, 04:10 PM
I need to buyer of these to contact me asap; I had to delete all my PM's and lost your contact/address.

Tyler

dipren443
02-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Should have these measured up with a Faro Arm and digitized Tyler...

81S
07-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Did they sell???

aronhk_md
07-21-2011, 08:52 PM
Tyler......not sure I understand your reasoning here in destroying the jig. I have a friend who makes the Tri-y's for pontiacs. His company is called Tribal Tubes. He started with the design originally introduced by HO Racing.......with their blessing after they stopped making them....and has made improvements.

Why not contact him to see if he is interested in buying your last set WITH the jigs? I'd say there is a chance he might. Why not see it potentially live on? He might find a way to lower the cost. Right now his mild steel sets sell for $450......and that was using 14g tubing which was 3 times as expensive as 16g.

67camaro*z
07-25-2011, 11:26 AM
Tyler......not sure I understand your reasoning here in destroying the jig. I have a friend who makes the Tri-y's for pontiacs. His company is called Tribal Tubes. He started with the design originally introduced by HO Racing.......with their blessing after they stopped making them....and has made improvements.

Why not contact him to see if he is interested in buying your last set WITH the jigs? I'd say there is a chance he might. Why not see it potentially live on? He might find a way to lower the cost. Right now his mild steel sets sell for $450......and that was using 14g tubing which was 3 times as expensive as 16g.

Keep 'em alive!

Buryingthesun
05-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Are these still extinct?