PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Team 1 Captain Mark Norman

Road Tour Express
01-08-2011, 06:50 PM
circa 1980 Sunnyvale California me at 17 y.o.
I was walking home from the 7-11 one spring day and I spotted a 67 Camaro on jack stands in the driveway, so I stopped and asked the long haired dood whats up? well, turns out he was replacing the clutch in the SS RS, and although he got the M-21 out by himself he was pondering putting it back all by himself. I offered to help.
The rest they say is history, I was in love with the Camaro.

My new friend Greg and I owned the El Camino Real for a couple years. Baylands raceway and days on the green era…
fast forward 30 years+ hundreds of vehicles of all shapes and sizes later I find myself snuggled up in the low elevations of the Sierra Nevada with my wife of 15 years Lori, my son James 13 and two daughters Miranda, ‘Randi’ 11 and Samantha ‘Sami’ 10. We have a modest home on 6 acres with a pond full of fish, two horses,three dogs,three cats,and about 50 chickens.

I drive a 2001 Camaro as my daily driver, nothing special but it is a Lotta fun on the twisty roads here in the mountains.

I have made a lot of friends at NastyZ28.com over the years and hope to have fun with a few members running the Road Tour Express.

Thanks for choosing me to participate in this event and I hope we entertain.

tazzz25906112
01-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Hi Mark, you'll find the gang here to be much like Nasty Z,,, there great... Your story sounds like a little slice of Heaven and I'm sure you'll have a blast with your team.... Keep in constant touch with all your team members and setup some backups just in case life gets in your way, or their way LOL...

The best part of the whole deal is friendships and fun of the open road and the challenges will surprise you (trust me I know LOL)...

Marks71_454
01-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Thanks a lot, I look forward to making the run. The team is coming together already without any real recruiting. I have one member still tentative and as soon as he can confirm we will finalize the routes. We have a couple possible special treats to help spice it up a little. <tease tease>

I really like the premise of the event. It really hits on the core of the hobby for most of us and the way it was developed reflects that. Just get out and drive, meet friends and meet future friends, have fun, The jurney is paramount over the destination.

I think one of the more difficult things to do will be keeping a semblance of a schedule. The whole idea is to be flexible and spontaneous, doing that and still meeting up at the pre-determined destination on time will require flexibility. Spending some quality time with like minded people is what this sport is all about.

I'll also make it a point to frequent this fine forum; as you can tell by my join date and post count I been here a while but not active at all. I'll fix that.