PDA

View Full Version : McLeod RST Street Twin Clutch for 69 Camaro

Gregster
01-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Has anyone here have experience using one of these clutches? I would like to use one on my BBC 69 Camaro with a TKO 600.

strtlegal
01-08-2011, 09:24 PM
I do, not sure what kind of feed back you want, but I went from a LUK single to this clutch and it grabs better and pedal feel is about the same

Gregster
01-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the feedback that's exactly what I'm looking for. I don't want to spend this much and be disappointed. Does it grab hard as to where it is launching jerky and are you using a aluminum flywheel or steel. I was leaning towards a aluminum with a BBC because they don't need the inertia as much with the extra torque.

strtlegal
01-10-2011, 07:21 AM
Im not sure on the fly wheel, I thought mine was aluminum since its behind an LS however I could be wrong..

It grabs very wheel, as if you are not paying attention it can make your back tires bark...great clutch. Although pricey..ha

I was going to go with SPEC, they make a great product bit since Im still learning so much from this manual conversion I just stuck with what Jim @ Hurst driveline recommended. He set me up with this clutch from Mcloed.

Good luck man

68sixspeed
01-10-2011, 07:28 AM
I have mine on a sbc with an aluminum flywheel and have been very happy, I just started running it last year so it hasn't seen the track yet, but the pedal is smooth, much lighter than even the centerforce that was in it before. It is very smooth on engagement, so far so good. -Dan

wicked68
02-07-2011, 08:14 PM
I went to one. love it.